Pitt Race 10-8-22

RDC818

Hello all,
New to the forum. This was my second track day this year after being away from track riding since 2008. The day didn't go well. Went down due to my own error in session 1.
Ended up with Broken collar bone, scapula, rib, and puncture lung on the right side and broken wrist and middle finger on the left. But even with all of that I was still blessed by God.
The main reason I made this post was to thank all of those who helped my wife and I load everything up. So greatly appreciate how helpful everyone was. Both the other riders and staff came to check on me.
I will heal up and definitely be back next season and work on my skills.
Again thanks to everyone who helped! Can't thank you enough!
Great organization and atmosphere.

CaseyAlbert

Good morning RDC818,
Keep the FAITH my friend! I wasn't there on the 8th, but I had a similar(collar bone, ribs 2 -8 front and back, pelvis, left lung.....) incident on my second Track Day at Barber in the fall of 2018. I had been out of motorcycles for many years, but was like a kid in the candy store that wekend! My wife and youngest son had left Alabama to head back to Virginia when they received the news from my eldest son who saw my "high side." When my wife arrived at the hospital, somewhere along the line I stated, "if I survive, I'm going to get back on the horse!" I'm riding in the Advanced class now, and just love it! My only regret is that I didn't get back into bikes a long long time ago. I recently turned 66 and plan to ride some more!
Wishing you well! Hope to see you next season!

Casey Albert(CaseyAlbert@yahoo.com)

RDC818

Faith absolutely! Great to hear your full recovery and your "back on the horse". I will be back as well. Looking forward and planning to take the ATP next season.
PS
Barber is on my bucket list.

RDC818

Casey.
Good suggestion. I've been watching him for a few months now. Pretty good stuff.

Mk3bert
Unfortunately just ran wide and dropped it off the pavement and away she went. Not very exciting but lessons learned.

Recovering well and bet back good as new for next season.

mdhokie

Yep heal up and see you next season! Hope you get a lot of good days next year to make up for the painful start this year.

CaseyAlbert

Good morning RDC818,
Hope you don't mind my bother! I am down in Cocoa Beach Florida(NOT on vacation!), caring for my 96 and 93 YO Dad and Mom.....

Another great source(IMHO) of information is Dave Moss(Tire and Suspension guru(I think). https://davemosstuning.com

I had my second "wreck" in April of '21. It was a very "STUPID" one. Wet, taking it easy, hit a false neutral, kicked it down as I was entering a turn I could have coasted through....... You know the rest of the story...... I was watching a recorded MotoGP "rain" race from this year with Dave Moss as MC this past weekend and he talked about braking and cornering when wet(something NOT to do!)...... I knew right when I did that stupid downshift I was doomed(although it happened much quicker than I expected!). Fortunately I was wearing Alpinestars full leathers and a "Tech-Air" vest. The vest didn't inflate as I was only going about 40 or 50. Other than the forward double flip my bike did, I came away unscathed. The pic included was the day before my beautiful bike changed it's colors to some Hot Bodies fairings(Next set of fairings will be "Armour Bodies(I put some on my sons bike, and they are NICE!)"

I did a low side earlier this year at the Summit Shenandoah track which I really like as it is extremely technical and physically demanding, especially for a liter bike.

I do try my best to continue to learn(go faster!), at the same time limiting risk. I have been working diligently on "Body Position" which is extremely important(as you well know), as the lean angle of every bike has it's limitations.

Have a great weekend!

Casey Albert
HCLB3669.jpeg

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Good morning RDC818,
Hope you don't mind my bother! I am down in Cocoa Beach Florida(NOT on vacation!), caring for my 96 and 93 YO Dad and Mom.....

Another great source(IMHO) of information is Dave Moss(Tire and Suspension guru(I think). https://davemosstuning.com

I had my second "wreck" in April of '21. It was a very "STUPID" one. Wet, taking it easy, hit a false neutral, kicked it down as I was entering a turn I could have coasted through....... You know the rest of the story...... I was watching a recorded MotoGP "rain" race from this year with Dave Moss as MC this past weekend and he talked about braking and cornering when wet(something NOT to do!)...... I knew right when I did that stupid downshift I was doomed(although it happened much quicker than I expected!). Fortunately I was wearing Alpinestars full leathers and a "Tech-Air" vest. The vest didn't inflate as I was only going about 40 or 50. Other than the forward double flip my bike did, I came away unscathed. The pic included was the day before my beautiful bike changed it's colors to some Hot Bodies fairings(Next set of fairings will be "Armour Bodies(I put some on my sons bike, and they are NICE!)"

I did a low side earlier this year at the Summit Shenandoah track which I really like as it is extremely technical and physically demanding, especially for a liter bike.

I do try my best to continue to learn(go faster!), at the same time limiting risk. I have been working diligently on "Body Position" which is extremely important(as you well know), as the lean angle of every bike has it's limitations.

Have a great weekend!

Casey Albert
View attachment 9514
I've got the same exhaust on my single R.
What a ripper... looks gorgeous.

RDC818

Thanks Casey.. I've checked out Dave Moss as well. Good stuff.
Also. Nice bike.
Can't wait for next season to get here! But this will give me time to work on the bikes. I currently have 3 that are track only. 04 RC51, 07 R1, and an old FZR400. The RC is the one I put down, but it's faired better than I did. Just a little paint work and rear brake lever and it will be ready.