Pitt Race roll call

Ducati Pete

PERFECT riding weather at DaBeave this weekend.............. I'm stoked. Anyone on the fence......... jump in now. It's going to be a great weekend.

See Ya'll There
Pete

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I call dibs on one of Jimmy's famous steaks. Never had one and I plan on changing that this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i-Zapp

Open 24hrs
I hope that's true, cause if not when I show up I'm busting through, locked or not! Lol.
I guess i'm surprised to hear that - it means someones got to work the gate all nite.
We'll be there around 7 ish, Totally fired up! Cant wait.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
So I'll guess I'll be the elephant in the room...

What's the deal with the CR crash? Everyone alright?

i-Zapp

So I'll guess I'll be the elephant in the room...

What's the deal with the CR crash? Everyone alright?
Too bad there are not seperate hand signals for "I'm pitting out" and "red flag", otherwise the CR would have noticed after they passed the first guy going into the carousel.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
There doesn't need to be a separate hand signal. Red flag means the session is over and everyone must pit in. Therefore, the hand up/foot out signal is used. It doesn't look as though the rider Scott hit signaled he was pitting in, but cut across to do so. I wasn't there; that's how the video lookes to me. Was that the case? Did the rider cut across Scott's path to pit in without signaling?

i-Zapp

There doesn't need to be a separate hand signal. Red flag means the session is over and everyone must pit in. Therefore, the hand up/foot out signal is used. It doesn't look as though the rider Scott hit signaled he was pitting in, but cut across to do so. I wasn't there; that's how the video lookes to me. Was that the case? Did the rider cut across Scott's path to pit in without signaling?
I was referring to the very first rider in the beginning of the video, the only one who had his hand out / waving. HE saw the red flag and checked up but it's too bad the other three riders didn't interpret that as red flag. They assumed he was pitting in since that's the part of the track to do just that. Therein lies my point. Confusion about what that signal meant.

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
I believe the rider with the hand up was just pitting in on his own. I saw no red flags at the 2 stations before the carousel. It looked like the red flag just came out at the carousel station just as the riders were in the turn. The front rider seemed to check up without signaling.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Well, it meant that rider was pitting in, and he signaled appropriately. Problem seems to be that the rider in front of Scott cut across to pit in without signaling, but I'm not positive about that. I see your point, but that emphasizes the point about paying attention to corner stations. Is it possible the red flag came out after the riders passed the station before turn 9? Because the next station is just a bit after pit in. I wasn't there so I'm not sure about what happened. But like they say in the riders meeting, if you saw the flag, don't assume the person behind you did. Just follow proper pit in procedures. Don't chop the throttle and cut across the race line to pit in without signaling.