Pitt Race roll call

xx848xx

I was referring to the very first rider in the beginning of the video, the only one who had his hand out / waving. HE saw the red flag and checked up but it's too bad the other three riders didn't interpret that as red flag. They assumed he was pitting in since that's the part of the track to do just that. Therein lies my point. Confusion about what that signal meant.

i-Zapp, I saw this rider, too, and may in fact owe it to him for keeping me out of the accident. However, there were no red flags at the time he was waving his hand in the air (watch my video, it's there). And, in my opinion he was not simply signaling a 'pit in.' I initially thought he probably saw a red flag and I didn't, and that's why I was not full on throttle. After I saw no red flag, I then suspected that he was possibly distressed due to the accident at Turn #7--then he started drifting slightly to the right and that concerned me even more. Again, watch my video, this is all there in the last lap.

I think ONE of the big lessons out of all of this is we need to spot check every single corner station as we go around the track. And if you come up on an accident like we all did at Turn 7 and you want to pit, stick to the normal procedure, get a leg out or an arm up, then roll off of the throttle and stay out of the race line. Don't try to signal to the corner workers that they need to get a flag up--I'm pretty sure those were his intentions. I could be wrong.

knut

Control Rider
This video clip has even reached sport bike internet forum back home in Sweden. Lots of speculations....

Speedy recovery Scott.

/Patrick