Pittrace 5/21 & 5/22

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
What time are we allowed in on Friday? I'm planning on getting there around 4pm, maybe a little earlier.

Raz900

New member.. I've been wanting to ride Beaver Run since before it opened in 2000? (2002?) I actually drove my old 87 Bronco on the North course the Feb before it opened. Too bad they made the original track club $7k.

I'll be there Sat (Novice) bringing maybe 2 others for the Intro test the track. Haven't ridden the RF in 3 years, new tires, forks, shock, brake lines... Only have 100 miles in so the learning curve is going to be a cliff.

I'll be the crazy one with a 25' car trailer for a single bike. Loading alone, the trailer is sooo much easier to drive onto than getting it in the truck. Looking forward to a nice sunny day and learning how to ride again. :)

Steve

Welcome. I don't think you are crazy to have a big trailer with 1 bike. Crazy is having no bike at all no matter what size trailer you have. So you are completely sane in my head. Just get more bikes and your problems are solved.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Welcome Steve! Don't worry - I always drag my big trailer around as well. Though, I've picked up a pit bike and another track bike so it doesn't seem so empty inside :)

Raz900

Welcome. I don't think you are crazy to have a big trailer with 1 bike. Crazy is having no bike at all no matter what size trailer you have. So you are completely sane in my head. Just get more bikes and your problems are solved.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! I have 2 other bikes, but it would look funny with a 99 Shadow ACE and little XR100 strapped on for kicks. It's an open trailer, I'm sure I'd get some looks on the way.

Changing fork oil tonight and starting prep check. Hoping the mix of 5w and 2.5w makes for the right mix with the goldvalves.

Question, anyone else try the new Bridgestone S21 yet? From memory, feels like the bike leans over easier with them and they're more rounded than the Dunlops I'm use to. Don't laugh.. but a D220 dated 2007 and a D207 dated 2001 just came off the bike. Tread was fine but I'm not trusting a tire that old at 150mph. The 207 was NOS from Gibsonia cycle when they closed. It 'only' had been on the bike since 2008 (sigh).

Jacque372

Any openings for this weekend? I have never run with n2. I have only done supermoto for the last several years and the last time I had a roadracing license was 2000. When I try to register the availability says TBD. I have been out of it for awhile.

Any openings for this weekend? I have never run with n2. I have only done supermoto for the last several years and the last time I had a roadracing license was 2000. When I try to register the availability says TBD. I have been out of it for awhile.
Welcome! I'm just a rider with no information or connections. But I can guarantee that if there is a spot the N2 staff will work very hard to get you in. Just keep checking back and I am sure someone will be in touch. Even if they are all full you won't find a better organization.

tdelegram

Control Rider

I guessing it's sold out PIRC with the new layout is one of the best tracks in the east now. I am guessing one of the staff will be by to confirm this.

BWalters99

Is anybody coming up to Pit Race this weekend that has room to bring a dirt bike from Nashville? I will pay $150. I will pick it up from Pit Race.

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
I had a great time despite the weather.. It was great to meet everyone, help out, and it was a fun, clean, smooth weekend!

For all of you that cancelled Sunday - you missed out!;)

Good times, good times..