Pittrace Ninja 400 Gearing

gabesolms

Good morning,
I'm riding Pittrace this weekend on my Ninja 400 in the Intermediate group. Can you offer some gearing suggestions? This is my first time riding this track. Thanks!

FastByKids

Awesome to see another 400 burning some laps this weekend!

Kids are at 13 / 39 currently but that was our Barber setup. Figuring it will be lunch time before they come fully up to speed. We will make adjustments to avoid hitting the rev limiter if required.

If you are making changes to the front sprocket it is a absolute exercise in testing your patients. We seriously had to put a heat gun on the nut for +10 minutes and use a HUGE impact to get it off on BOTH bikes.

Good luck, look us up (Miller Racing).

gabesolms

Awesome to see another 400 burning some laps this weekend!

Kids are at 13 / 39 currently but that was our Barber setup. Figuring it will be lunch time before they come fully up to speed. We will make adjustments to avoid hitting the rev limiter if required.

If you are making changes to the front sprocket it is a absolute exercise in testing your patients. We seriously had to put a heat gun on the nut for +10 minutes and use a HUGE impact to get it off on BOTH bikes.

Good luck, look us up (Miller Racing).
Much appreciated! Will look you up. I need to verify front sprocket, but I have a 53 tooth on rear at the moment. Think I may need to change front & rear AND chain. I will budget extra time. Thanks for the advice and see you at the track. Pic of my bike attached :)

Attachments

• IMG_9770.jpg
    IMG_9770.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 5

FastByKids

Much appreciated! Will look you up. I need to verify front sprocket, but I have a 53 tooth on rear at the moment. Think I may need to change front & rear AND chain. I will budget extra time. Thanks for the advice and see you at the track. Pic of my bike attached :)
Holy smokes! Thinking stock is 14/41, you must of been geared for a mini track! Or popping whoolies! :sneaky:

We are really easy to find!