Pleasing the masses

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Great post by @virtualsolitude. I can say without a doubt I've been in many Intermediate sessions and there were some absolute dive bomber brakers out there. Legit. Like, holy shit I think they might be able to out brake me. However, it was very late, very abrupt, and most of them had the cornering speed of a Novice rider and the straight up and down braking of a pointy end advanced rider.

I will say this until I'm blue in the face - if you're trying to work on getting faster, stop. Just stop pushing yourself to brake as late as humanly possible and getting on the gas as soon as you can. It only leads to frustration, and honestly, crashing.

We've all set PB's, many, many times over. There's only one thing I have in common with every single one of my PB's - I wasn't focused on going fast. I was hitting my turn in points and focused. Going fast was literally the last thing on my mind.

And yes, 100% agree. Some rider/coach relationships are better fostered to certain guys than others. Nothing wrong with that. Some people are more receptive to others and/or the instructor can articulate the same point in a different method that's more understandable to the rider.

Motofun352

Control Rider
"Stuck in I for a long time".....More common than not. My truth is that "I" speed is quite possible with several bad habits. Our motorcycles (especially the tires) are amazing machines and can cover over many poor practices. Figuring out how to relax, not chase speed and open up your mind to different possibilities (ie learn) is my take away on the process. For me, I had to give up on the A bump and decide to just ride for fun....things just fell into place after that revelation.
(PS...I had to ditch the lap timer)

BGalh1812

Very good reading here, and one thing that can’t be overlooked is modern electronics that have the ability to mask soooo many bad habits.
This is why I switched to a 2008 R6 - I felt like my 2020 bike with rider aids was 'covering for me' and it was. I've learned more in two days on the R6 on being smooth (including pouring rain at Lightning, no less) than an entire season on the Triumph. :)