PNW Transplant

Safe places to store truck and trailer for a week in Birmingham, or at Barber

• Fellow rider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secure storage

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Paul Brakora

Hi all, my name is Paul and I recently moved to South Georgia with my gf (who also rides), and I'm hoping make some new friends, contacts, riders who I might start to see at the track on a regular basis. I'll likely be at Jennings quite a bit, it's only 30min from my house.

BIGGEST question is, Barber... thanksgiving holiday week, I'm trying to figure out where I might be able to park my truck and trailer for a week while I fly back to Oregon, then back to Birmingham to ride Barber on the 25/26th of Nov. References on recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Track Day Groups are usually a very tight knit group of folks, looking out for each other in many ways. I'm new to the South, and I'm hoping that it's the same down here.

I will likely post on other forums here just for visibility.

Secure storage lots work too, but would prefer to leave it at a riders property, for peace of mind.

Thanks all!

Oh yeah, durh! I started riding track at Portland International Raceway in Oregon, then ventures out to The Ridge in Sheldon, WA, then to my favorite track Oregon Raceway Park, in Grass Valley, OR! Yamaha guy through and through! Cheers!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard Paul, I am a northeast guy so can’t answer your questions about storage but will be at barber, look for the ktm’s stop by and say hi.

Tom

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! I hope to see you at some of our 2018 days. I'm hopeful about getting to NCBike next weekend. Talk you into that one? :)

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Welcome! You might want to check with Huey at Marietta Motorsports. He's in Atlanta, but probably has a line on who's who down in those parts.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Paul! I can't help as I'm another NE member. If you get up this way at some point, I look forward to riding with you!
Welcome to N2! Lots of great folks here!

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Welcome Paul
Can’t help you with answers about Barber but I can 2nd Bill’s suggestion about getting in touch with Huey at Marietta Motorsports. He knows everyone AND if need your suspension refreshed.... he does mine, through the mail, as I’m in Nortern Virginia.

Paul Brakora

I'll have to give him a call. I just did my springs last week, had to bump them up to the fat kid edition

Just trying to get to Jennings this weekend to try things out, then pack up and head to Barber the next week.

Any contact info for Huey direct?

Paul Brakora

Update: I've learned a lot and made some good phonecalls! This is what I've learned.

G Lot does exist! It's an open parking/storage (at your own risk) area. It is where Barber keeps their spare port'o'Johns, and likely miscellaneous equipment.

Lot G is through the main gate, odd to the left.

Barber Museum does not really govern this, nor does Security really weigh in in its use, or permission to park there.

Zoom Motorsports had the most information on it, and share the above information (after numerous failed calls to Barber).

Bit of a learning experience, but Lot G is massive. And although it is park at your own risk, they said they haven't really had any issues with it's use so far.

Wanted to share for others, this was a little worrisome for a couple weeks not knowing.