Possible first track day 7/29 NJ

JDS79

Hi
I've been riding for over 17 years but never did a track day. I ride a BMW R1200R and have been itching to get in the track. Recently received an email from Cross Country Cycle here in NJ about a track day on the 29th of a July. I would be signing up for the Novice group. Is this group mainly for sportbikes or are there typically regular street bikes?

CBRtist

Both are in attendance, and all who pass tech are welcome.

You should definitely consider a track day experience. It has broadened many people's horizons on many bikes.

I plan to be in attendance that weekend. What other questions/concerns do you have that need to be addressed to get you out here? :) (can you tell I'm passionate about it and new riders?)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Your Beemer will serve you just fine for your introduction to track days. ..though I can't promise you won't be looking for a dedicated track bike after your first track day. Come out and ride!

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome!

I won't see you at that particular day but I know that you will have a blast!

I have had all of my street bikes at the track over the years, most recently a VFR800. Before that, FJ1200, VTR250, CB-1, 748...you get the idea. Track days let me experiment in a controlled environment with instruction. I could identify my and the bikes limits and learn how to expand those. It helped tremendously with my street riding and the level of safety I could provide for myself and passengers.

But the guys are right, you'll want to come back for more, on whatever bike you choose. This is a friendly helpful group in person and on the forum, so ask any questions you like.

jhuff1219

Control Rider
Welcome JDS79. I agree with all of the comments above, especially about your bike doing just fine and you having a good time. I'll be there on the 29th and 30th so I look forward to meeting and riding with you. :D

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Welcome aboard. Get ready for a fun time. We have dedicated instructor(s) for first time track riders to help you transition smoothly to the track environment. See you then.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Myers

Control Rider
......as once said.... "Now its a party" :) Read the manual as suggested above... pack plenty of water, a light lunch and come prepared for fun. Happy to have you onboard!!!

JDS79

Unfortunately my first track day has been put on hold. Injured my right foot and damaged 2 tendons. Needs surgery and will be in a cast for 6 weeks. I figured if I ever needed a cast it would've been motorcycle related, not from cleaning up some debris in the backyard wearing flipflops