Post gingerman: this is going to be one of my regular tracks now

ThePro8

After a weekend there I have to say this track is awesome. Great weather, awesome camping, good crowd, great CRs, and of Fred did an awesome job running the event as usual. If you haven't been to Gingerman, you really need to check it out. The track layout is awesome, the camping is great, dinner at Thirsty Perch rules, and it's just a good atmosphere. I feel like i'm on vacation when I go to this track. There has been threads in the past talking negatively about gingerman's surface because of the seems. I agree, it was distracting in the past, but they have done some improvement to them and I can tell you it wasn't an issue at all. I didn't hear one person have a problem with it. Now the grass outside of turn #10, that's a different story :)

If you get a chance, the track is only a few hours from Chicago, come check this out. I think you will really enjoy it. Its going back on my list of tracks i visit regularly.

It was great seeing everyone out there. I had so much fun this weekend. And a HUGE thanks to Turn One. I really appreciate all the help this weekend. if it wasn't for your guys I wouldn't have had tire to ride wither bike, the valve stems on my 600 would have been leaking air all weekend, I wouldn't have had new case guards to protect my bike, and i wouldn't have had as enjoyable of a weekend. Thanks for the support!:first:

oldschool

:agree: I second what Steve said. The weather was great and I didn't hear any complaints about the track. I didn't get to do any of the site seeing that Steve did, :D but but over all the 2 days there were awsome. I too will also be back.

Smiley

:agree:

except for the grass and the valve parts :)

P.s. I foud a place in the getto just acrross the border of indy that had awsome philly cheese steaks and gyros!!! :wow:

ThePro8

Oh and thanks a lot to FRYE for the advice. I think it's really helping me step up my game man. You're by boy blue.

dlockhart5x

Great weekend, great people, as usual.

I think Gingerman is going on my favorite track list. I really enjoyed it's technical nature and was starting to sort it out by the end of the weekend. I have a bunch more to learn there, and that to me is fun. Which circles us back to my first line.

Great weekend, great people, as usual.

riddler

What did they do to the seams??? I always liked the gingerman layout but the seams were a frustrating distraction.

Just curious...

Andrei

I don't think anything was done to fix the seams. It's just Steve was running wery well , hence all the high from recent track experience.... I was watching him saving highside in 2. That was some pro riding stuff right there.

ThePro8

too bad I couldn't save the highside in 10...not so pro riding.

I'm pretty sure they filled the seems.

finny47

don't come to Gingerman

These guys have it all wrong. You won't like Gingerman. The less than sold out attendance. Getting a lot more attention from the CRs both on and off the track. You'll just hate the major improvements in your riding over the course of the weekend on a track like this.

And another things... Never do a rideshare, especially with those Lockharts of BigMeanie. Only paying $40.00 for your share of gas/great food/air conditioned sleep and someone else driving home after a full weekend of riding... :p

Seriously though - I had a blast on my first full weekend and can't thank all the CRs enough for the help and encouragement. Looking forward to BHF. (I'm the guy on Fred's old bike with black/grey/white leathers).

Of course TurnOne Racing rocks! They've done so much to get my bike up and running this year. Joe, Marshall, and Monkey. Can't have a good suspension setup without Monkey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImQ4Mr7B08

oldschool

:agree: +1 on traveling with the Lockharts. They drive, they cook, and they have riding experience. So I also learned a lot and have become a lot more comfortable at a fast pace on the track. I also gotta say big thanks to the CR's Smiley, and Steve. See you guys at Blackhawk. But again, BIG thanks to the Big Meanie group.

Bucky Badger

You looked great out there finny...made some huge progress this weekend.

Here is a little something for ya.

Photo credit: Matt Granzow

orionburn

I posted some pics in the roll-call thread earlier this morning if anybody is interested.

Want to say thanks again to all you CRs (especially Steve - #28) and for all the help you guys gave. The family had a really good time on Saturday and we'll definitely be coming back for the full weekend next year.

I have to admit the seems gave me a bit of trouble. Was hard ignoring the wiggle that they would give at times but started to get better at pretending they weren't there towards the end of the day.

Have to say that after waiting for years to finally get out and do a track day it was everything I hoped it would be and have NESBA to thank for it. You guys are awesome!

greeny

hey guys! i don't know who's on which forums, so i'm just copying my post from clsb:

oh hell yea, what a great weekend!

a HUGE thanks to...
the 3 musketeers at T1R, matt for snapping some pics, dave for bringing the extra boots i never used, the delicious perch that sacrificed their lives for my amazing dinner, steve for bringing his parents, smiley for bein' cool when i cut inside of him and his student on turn 4 :nono:, greg for driving home after i fell asleep at the wheel, brian and steve for double teaming me on my "I" bump session, everyone else in my pit area, andrei and jay for bein' good neighbors, fred for doing whatever he does, citibank for giving me a nice big credit line to feed the new addiction, mike for givin' me a run for my money on saturday, the sand at the apex of T9 for holding my lean, and all the other CRs that helped me improve :D

what a great crowd. thanks to everyone else that made the weekend so perfect! i can't wait to see u guys at bhf in a few weeks...

and for those of u who have no idea who this is, it's jordan on the blue R6 #811 :D

dlockhart5x

oldschool;7363 wrote: BIG thanks to the Big Meanie group.
Awe shucks.. It was great having you guys with us. Mike claims to have flown to Texas today for work. I can not verify that fact. I suspect he is just trying to get out of cleaning the trailer before we leave for Barber in a few days. (kidding)

You are more than welcome to join us on any of our future NESBA adventures.

orionburn

Bucky Badger;7365 wrote: Here is a little something for ya.

Photo credit: Matt Granzow
Was Matt the guy that was going to be taking pictures over the weekend? Met so many people this weekend I can't keep the names straight. Was hoping they'd have a chance soon to post up some pics from the weekend.

S3aturnR

you know, i hate to kill the "big meanie" team rep, but they were the nicest bunch of people you could ever meet. they fed me on friday night, gave me a beer and were more than willing to field questions from a newbie like me. they even came over to see if the other new guy i was parked next to was ok after he lowsided in turn 6. i have no idea how they got the name big meanie. thanks guys!!!

s3aturnr

Matt

Yes, I took pics this weekend. Not a ton, but should have some of everyone :)

I'll be working on sorting them tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be uploading tomorrow night.

I went around the track looking for good places to shoot but I've only found two places to get anything even decent. It's not a great track for pics but I think there's a few decent shots.

Nobody's mentioned Steve's sister yet. We all need pics... as "pretty" as Steve is, she has to be a looker...

Wish I could have been there with you guys this weekend.

See you all on the 7th at Putnam!

Jeff