Pretty Disappointed

kstorm

First let me say I really do appreciate Nesba and all that they try to do with regards to on track coaching and event organization. With that said, I seems to me that if you are not in the know, you have no idea what is going on.

For instance - the 24hour notice on the season pass. I just found out about it today, weeks later. If Nesba truely wanted more people to get involved and put up the cash upfront (And I can certainly understand why) then why wouldn't common courtesy been given to let all memebers know? No email was sent out, nor any advanced notice. Seems more like a "if you know the people running it, you'll get hooked up."

Also, I paid for a Elite Membership the last month of last season, on the premise of a certain price for track days. Used it once. Frankly it is illegal for them to change the price for Elite Members, there is a contract in place, whereby they advertised a price, people purchased the membership based on the benefits offered. They have changed the game, do to speak. Again, there was no communication that this was happening, just a lot of confusion and misrepresentation of the facts.

For instance, Nesba advertised "get the Elite Membership and pay $99 for Mondays", but to get the season pass you don't need the Elite Membership, and the $99 mondays no longer even exist (nor any of the other advertised pricing for Elite Members.)

I can understand the reasoning behind what they have done, but this was handled very poorly on their part. I would really appreciate someone from Nesba messaging me to see what can be worked out. Again, I understand the costs associated, but if building the group is important, then communication is key.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Kruizen

Control Rider
No, whether you like it or not, he is correct that he purchased a membership with stated event rates. I do not remember reading anywhere that those rates are subject to change nor agreeing to anything beyond the initial purchase that the membership benefits may change.

You could liken it to a contract, that nesba hasn't upheld their portion of the contract. It compares to a golf or gym membership where if you buy a membership where Each round/month is x price. If they try to increase the x price it's illegal. Now the golf/gym membership paperwork is going to have a whole lot of small print and legal ease. Maybe nesba should go to annual memberships(jan-dec) instead of 12 month memberships.

Look up advertising laws and contract law, he made his purchase based on the advertised items included. Now those items arent included.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Hell I just went to the buy membership area in my account and they are still advertising the $99 Mondays and all of the other rates from last year. Now that is bad.

Meat

Engineers and lawyers will always be diametrically opposed in their job, ideals and ways of thinking.

03bueller

Control Rider
This has been hashed over multiple times in other threads; that being said, an e-mail was sent out, I received it, check your junk mail folder, it's from events@nesba.com

As far as pricing, most people realize that pricing is seasonal, while I realize this may inconvenience those who purchased it late last season, it's part of riding on the track. Yes you probably have a legal leg to stand on if you wanted to push it, however you would black list yourself if you did, and would it really be worth it?

Yes the website needs to be updated, volunteer to help for free and we might get more done (I did, just haven't heard back yet...) Granted this is one of the most annoying things....

If you want more info there's tons in the other threads on why pricing had changed, etc.

Kruizen

Control Rider
It seems that quite a few here make flippant, even insulting comments without even knowing their intended target. That's a good way to turn off prospective members who lurk before signing up.

I have heard the same thing that many have volunteered to assist, but no follow up.

I made the switch to nesba because of their communication, pricing , dates, assistance on track, camaraderie in the pits etc., but all that said it is still a business that needs to be run as such. While the "employees" are mostly volunteers it is still a business that needs to follow the same principles. Those principles are for both sides, truth in advertising, and also actually breaking even on the bottom line. I'm hoping this transitional years business plan works, and good communication to its members and prospective members.

Playing devils advocate:
I own a pizzeria, I advertise a price for a pizza, the customer pays that price for the pizza online, then When they come to pick it up I double the price.

Yes an email went out about the 24 hour special, but what good is that if no one is going to answer the phone to take your money. If you offered a 24 blow out sale on tools but didn't answer the phone would that be effective, efficient, make your company look good? You need to spend money to make money, it seems that the part time volunteer staffing isn't handling the communications like they need to make it happen, hire someone to answer the phones, return emails do the office work that needs to be completed.

Nesba

Kevin,

Feel free to email me your number. Ill call you to address any of your concerns.

robert dot blandford at nesba dot com

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Meat;300859 wrote: Yet another one from the entitlement generation.
Nope, I agree with him and Eric's comments. Yes, pricing is seasonal and can change. It's the communication that sucks. The issues have been hashed around ad nauseum, so I won't go into them. And it's a shame that the communication is so poor, it's turning off a lot of members and potential members. I know there's no longer a paid customer service person since Bob O. left, but it sounds like they really could benefit from having one.

Nesba

HondaGalToo;300868 wrote: Nope, I agree with him and Eric's comments. Yes, pricing is seasonal and can change. It's the communication that sucks. The issues have been hashed around ad nauseum, so I won't go into them. And it's a shame that the communication is so poor, it's turning off a lot of members and potential members. I know there's no longer a paid customer service person since Bob O. left, but it sounds like they really could benefit from having one.

Are you volunteering?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Nesba;300873 wrote: Are you volunteering?
No, unfortunately I cannot at this time. I hope you can find someone, though. Nesba's my favorite org and I hate reading about so many unhappy members on here! :)

Meat

HondaGal2, I was not referring to the communication for my entitlement comment. It was the change in pricing from one year to the next.

I've been burned by the lack of communication as well (won't book a non-refundable room again).

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Meat;300875 wrote: HondaGal2, I was not referring to the communication for my entitlement comment. It was the change in pricing from one year to the next.

I've been burned by the lack of communication as well (won't book a non-refundable room again).
Gotcha, Meat! I think, although it's now been updated, there was still mention of the $99 Mondays someplace on the site earlier this year, but I could be wrong.

03bueller

Control Rider
If I didn't have a job already I wouldn't gladly take a customer service spot....maybe I can get the wife to quit her job....she's studying IT so keeping the website going would be right up her alley, plus she's in banking, so moving money comes natural :p

MrK

03bueller;300885 wrote: If I didn't have a job already I wouldn't gladly take a customer service spot....maybe I can get the wife to quit her job....she's studying IT so keeping the website going would be right up her alley, plus she's in banking, so moving money comes natural :p
Thats funny. I back in school (former Career Firefighter) for Networking, hence the free time on the side.