Pretty Disappointed

Pseudolus

Ok, I'm not trying to be a d*ck but some of this is ridiculous.

kstorm;300857 wrote: I seems to me that if you are not in the know, you have no idea what is going on.

If Nesba truely wanted more people to get involved and put up the cash upfront (And I can certainly understand why) then why wouldn't common courtesy been given to let all memebers know?

No email was sent out, nor any advanced notice. Seems more like a "if you know the people running it, you'll get hooked up."

Also, I paid for a Elite Membership the last month of last season, on the premise of a certain price for track days.

Frankly it is illegal for them to change the price for Elite Members, there is a contract in place, whereby they advertised a price, people purchased the membership based on the benefits offered.

They have changed the game, do to speak. Again, there was no communication that this was happening, just a lot of confusion and misrepresentation of the facts.

Again, I understand the costs associated, but if building the group is important, then communication is key.

Sincerely,
Kevin
Of course if you're not in the know, you have no idea what's going on.:D
Limited supply offers are not about more people getting them. They're typically about greater publicity with lower volumes of people actually getting the offer...
An e-mail was certainly sent out because I received it. I do empathize because i didn't receive it last year and realized I needed to change the settings in my account. Nesba also posted threads in every section of this forum so to imply you needed to know management is a bit offensive.
You paid for something in effect for last season, and assumed it applied for future seasons? Hmmmmm. I can't really argue with the basis for your assumption because I can't replicate your thought process but the jump to it being illegal is a bit of a stretch.
Lastly, agree with you that communication could be improved. Let's focus on solutions and kill the hyperbole.

Kruizen;300862 wrote: I do not remember reading anywhere that those rates are subject to change nor agreeing to anything beyond the initial purchase that the membership benefits may change.

You could liken it to a contract, that nesba hasn't upheld their portion of the contract. It compares to a golf or gym membership where if you buy a membership where Each round/month is x price. If they try to increase the x price it's illegal. Now the golf/gym membership paperwork is going to have a whole lot of small print and legal ease. Maybe nesba should go to annual memberships(jan-dec) instead of 12 month memberships.

Look up advertising laws and contract law, he made his purchase based on the advertised items included. Now those items arent included.

WRONG WRONG WRONG! Because you do not remember reading anywhere something does not permit you to jump to "likening something to a contract!" The purpose of a contract is to leave as little to difference in interpretation as possible whereas in this case, there are clearly majorly different interpretations of what one is entitled to via membership. Unless NESBA is specifically saying in the purchase process that these rates are permanent, there is no contract. "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence?":dunno:

Kruizen;300866 wrote:

Playing devils advocate:
I own a pizzeria, I advertise a price for a pizza, the customer pays that price for the pizza online, then When they come to pick it up I double the price.

Yes an email went out about the 24 hour special, but what good is that if no one is going to answer the phone to take your money. If you offered a 24 blow out sale on tools but didn't answer the phone would that be effective, efficient, make your company look good? You need to spend money to make money, it seems that the part time volunteer staffing isn't handling the communications like they need to make it happen, hire someone to answer the phones, return emails do the office work that needs to be completed.
I'm thinking the elite membership is the pizza and the track days are the drink you get when you come in to pick up the pie. There's no contract that the drink price stays the same season to season....

Regarding the second point, when you call a radio station for a contest, is there overwhelming staff to answer everyone's call? Or do they just worry about the winner? Yet millions keep calling..... I don't Know that the intention is for everyone to be able to get these deals.....

ericlouie1;300934 wrote: Gotta say, I'm pretty bummed about the lack of njmp weekends.
AMEN brother but I do see the schedule is improving!!! And worst case scenario, I save some money, get to visit other NESBA regions (VIR Mondays!!!!!) and get a few more weekends with the kids. Woh is me....................:cheers:

"I'm thinking the elite membership is the pizza and the track days are the drink you get when you come in to pick up the pie. There's no contract that the drink price stays the same season to season...."

C'mon Fahdee what about the steak !!! Oh I forgot . You left early:D:D

yokel84

kstorm;300857 wrote: First let me say I really do appreciate Nesba and all that they try to do . . .
I realize that I'm pretty new to the club to be voicing any opinion on this, but I feel impelled nonetheless.

Firstly: the op was clearly a well thought out, and carefully worded expression of one new member's concerns, and he kept it classy with the opening line; I'd hate to see a dog pile—even thought my first reaction was to defend NESBA

Let me just say: I see both sides. Even though I felt it was my duty to find out what the potential benefits of membership were before joining, I do see how one could feel misled Especially those of us who are used to being able to do business through a single website (I emailed Bob long before what I knew would be the "busy" season). 99$ Mondays are still listed as a perk of the Elite Membership on the signup page. It was very clear to me that applied to 2013, but I can see how that could be confusing.

Bottom line, if my only concern is to maximize monetary value in any situation, I believe I'm going to set myself up for a certain amount of potentially unnecessary conflict. Even so, the best I can do is accurately evaluate the opportunities presented, and make the best choice within my power. As well as wanting to support a good club, and gravitating toward the nonprofit (as opposed to business) model of NESBA, I've also discovered that, for me, the best benefit/cost ratio attainable exists in this org. One of the costs of getting all of the benefits, involved a small sacrifice in certainty when I signed up for the package, and convenience with fewer close trackdays. I know the "skeleton" staff there is, and appreciate the value that affords me.

Just my perspective YMMV

Pseudolus

JimmyW;300941 wrote: "I'm thinking the elite membership is the pizza and the track days are the drink you get when you come in to pick up the pie. There's no contract that the drink price stays the same season to season...."

C'mon Fahdee what about the steak !!! Oh I forgot . You left early:D:D
Jimmy you can bet your arse I'll be taking you up on the steak at some point this year if the offer still stands! It's a regret I still think about weekly, along with:

Missing the road Atlanta fundraiser
Missing Jennings
Not buying Ruhe's BMW out the gate and instead building my own, inferior version piece meal
The amount of times I've cancelled due to rain, only to hear it was a dry day. The one day I stuck it out, it was a friggin monsoon!:doh:
Not keeping the experience of the Beemer to myself, and encouraging my brother to go to California Superbike where he saw how badly he was going to be damaged the next year if he came to play with his rc51:D

COME ON APRIL!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

motorkas

April?!?!?!?

March 22 and 23 Barber
March 29 and 30 Jeff - bring the family down and spend the weekend. . .(you can even bring mom and dad:D
March 31 VIR north

You wait until April and you got no shot. . .:D

oh yeah - Jimmy - not getting in on those steaks is a regret we both share. . .:adore::adore::adore:

LOL !!!!!

No worries fellas there will be plenty of steak to enjoy this season:D:D

I'm also pretty excited to try this HP4 Competition sitting next to me in the garage

motorkas

JimmyW;301045 wrote: LOL !!!!!

No worries fellas there will be plenty of steak to enjoy this season:D:D

I'm also pretty excited to try this HP4 Competition sitting next to me in the garage

That makes two of us. . .As much as I appreciate your stable - love the fact you're not afraid to flog them in the proper environment. . .:D. . .can't wait to see you again my friend (steak or no steak:cheers:)

Ruhe52

Originally Posted by JimmyW View Post
LOL !!!!!

No worries fellas there will be plenty of steak to enjoy this season

That makes two of us. . .As much as I appreciate your stable - love the fact you're not afraid to flog them in the proper environment. . .. . .can't wait to see you again my friend (steak or no steak)

get a room :D

Pseudolus;300936 wrote: Ok, I'm not trying to be a d*ck but some of this is ridiculous.

Of course if you're not in the know, you have no idea what's going on.:D
Limited supply offers are not about more people getting them. They're typically about greater publicity with lower volumes of people actually getting the offer...
An e-mail was certainly sent out because I received it. I do empathize because i didn't receive it last year and realized I needed to change the settings in my account. Nesba also posted threads in every section of this forum so to imply you needed to know management is a bit offensive.
You paid for something in effect for last season, and assumed it applied for future seasons? Hmmmmm. I can't really argue with the basis for your assumption because I can't replicate your thought process but the jump to it being illegal is a bit of a stretch.
Lastly, agree with you that communication could be improved. Let's focus on solutions and kill the hyperbole.

WRONG WRONG WRONG! Because you do not remember reading anywhere something does not permit you to jump to "likening something to a contract!" The purpose of a contract is to leave as little to difference in interpretation as possible whereas in this case, there are clearly majorly different interpretations of what one is entitled to via membership. Unless NESBA is specifically saying in the purchase process that these rates are permanent, there is no contract. "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence?":dunno:

I'm thinking the elite membership is the pizza and the track days are the drink you get when you come in to pick up the pie. There's no contract that the drink price stays the same season to season....

Regarding the second point, when you call a radio station for a contest, is there overwhelming staff to answer everyone's call? Or do they just worry about the winner? Yet millions keep calling..... I don't Know that the intention is for everyone to be able to get these deals.....

AMEN brother but I do see the schedule is improving!!! And worst case scenario, I save some money, get to visit other NESBA regions (VIR Mondays!!!!!) and get a few more weekends with the kids. Woh is me....................:cheers:
Very well done!

windblown

I just went to the membership renewal area and $99.00 Mondays are still listed as a perk for the Elite membership. Is it safe to assume this is still valid since we are now two months into 2014? Is this for any track day that is on the schedule to be run on a Monday?

I'm off Mondays so it's sort of a big deal to know for me.

Thanks in advance.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
windblown;301270 wrote: I just went to the membership renewal area and $99.00 Mondays are still listed as a perk for the Elite membership. Is it safe to assume this is still valid since we are now two months into 2014? Is this for any track day that is on the schedule to be run on a Monday?

I'm off Mondays so it's sort of a big deal to know for me.

Thanks in advance.
No, there are no longer $99 Mondays for Elite members for 2014. On the main tab "Tracks and Events", there is an orange drop down "Track Dates". Listed there are all the 2014 dates so far, with the basic and elite member pricing.

It's a shame that the membership renewal area still says that, it's very misleading and hopefully nesba will fix it. Although I've renewed already, I double checked in my account. Sure enough, when you go to purchase a membership, all of 2013's pricing structure for Elite is still in there.

acchou

Agree on communication problems but they are trying. Price sucks maybe look into reducing the debt off their books. Colin has always been helpful when I have questions or issues. All in all, no org is perfect.

meanstrk

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;301275 wrote: No, there are no longer $99 Mondays for Elite members for 2014. On the main tab "Tracks and Events", there is an orange drop down "Track Dates". Listed there are all the 2014 dates so far, with the basic and elite member pricing.

It's a shame that the membership renewal area still says that, it's very misleading and hopefully nesba will fix it. Although I've renewed already, I double checked in my account. Sure enough, when you go to purchase a membership, all of 2013's pricing structure for Elite is still in there.

I find these statements somewhat inaccurate. Simply based on the Elite membership registration page, and I quote:

Pre-Reg price (No late fees)
No penalty cancellation up to 9am
$110-$175 F-Sun
$99 Mondays
$65 T-T
Event Cancellation Insurance
No credit transfer surcharge
Unlimited number of memberships
Any 12 Events = Free renawal & Trackday
Free 1 on 1 instruction
There were two reasons I became Elite:

1- Freedom to register or cancel late and with no penalty.

2- Cheaper track days.

Nowhere in the above does it give a year that these prices are accurate for, so for now, I have 6 more months worth of an Elite membership that does not adhere to what I paid for.

I understand the OP's position.