Props to Drew Swenson (Paint)

stow

Just thought I would let everyone know about my great experience with having Drew (D-Swens) paint my race fairings. I had Woodcraft ship my Armour Bodies directly to him and he was able to get them to me in just over a week. The fairings look great. He does excellent work. If you need someone to paint your bodywork be sure to give Drew a chance to earn your business. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Drew 804.869.8689
andrew.w.swenson@gmail

Thanks,

Shane

r6_9.JPG

r6_10.JPG

r6_11JPG.JPG

jimgl3

Shane, what is that thing where the rear hugger goes? is that some trick device to screw up the draft for the guy / gal behind you? :haha:

and yes, awesome paint, but i told you that at the track... people it looks even better in person if that's possible!

stow

I have no idea what you are talking about. Actually that is the stock hugger from Yamaha.

Meat

Shane,

The bike really looks great. Simple, clean paint scheme....I really like it. One week, that is excellent.

I need to remember this guy for the next bit of work I need done.

BTW: What was the cost?

Meat

stow

Meat;7851 wrote: Shane,

The bike really looks great. Simple, clean paint scheme....I really like it. One week, that is excellent.

I need to remember this guy for the next bit of work I need done.

BTW: What was the cost?

Meat
The total cost was $550, but the yellow paint is the same paint as the anniversary R6/R1 paint scheme and is pretty expensive stuff. Luckily Drew had some left over so I didn't have to pay to much for it.

By the way are you ready for the CSS School?

Shane

Meat

I had some of my fastener holes bushed (grommets with an insert really) to help save the fiberglass where it is pinched by the fastener up against metal or thin rubber. If you see me in the pits, stop by and look at them. I think they are a great idea. (remember green kawi, yellow number plates w/ 636 on them)

Meat

greeny

looks amazing! how did they mount up - nice and easy? i was considering the ABs for my '08 as well...

stow

snowbizx;8150 wrote: looks amazing! how did they mount up - nice and easy? i was considering the ABs for my '08 as well...
It took me a while to get them mounted, but I would drill out a hole mount the fairings and mark the next hole. Then undo the fairing drill out the hole then re-mount the fairings and mark the next hole. This took a while, but the fairings line up very well. The AB fairings are a very good product.

Shane

speedfree

Completely OT, but D-Swens is also a good guy for parts. He just sold me an Ohlins Triple for an obscenely reasonable price. BIG THUMBS!

serialspiller

Drew does a awesome job. He even went out of his way to help get the bodywork up to me when I was layed up with a broken collar bone. He did great work for a good price

DSCN0375.JPG

DSCN0377.JPG

DSCN0378.JPG

D-Swens

Guys thanks a lot for all the good feedback, it means a lot. Shane, seriously thanks for posting this up. Thanks for pics as well Ben. I actually just saw this thread for the first time.

Thanks again everybody:D