What do you run?

• Pump gas

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Race fule

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Pump gas. 87 octane, as is called for in my owner's manual, stock engine.

Unless you've got a built engine that is tuned for a specific race gas, it's a complete waste of money, in my opinion.
Stock engine - run what your owners manual calls for. I have 15k trouble-free track miles on my stock engine running 87 octane.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Yes, unless you have a motor with cams, thinner head gasket, head work, etc...you're completely wasting your money.

Even then, unless it's called for in the tune, 93 will work just fine.

I have a Graves Motor in my R6. It's about $9/gallon to run Sunoco 260 in it.
I only use 4-5 gallons a day, so in the grand scheme of things, it's not going to break the bank.
But, that motor requires it.

It does smell good, though..have to agree with that.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I run thinner head gaskets in my RC8's and 93 is doable but for safety sake I run a 50/50 blend of VP or what's at the track and pump gas to get the octane rating around 96. On the street, 93 is fine as I am not running the motor near as hard and monitor knock if it occurs.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
I just feed the two hamsters a few acorns every other session in the SV. Basically if it's stock you're wasting money, especially at a track day. If you aren't worried about the cost then run whatever makes you happy, but make sure you are mapped properly either way

tdelegram

Control Rider
I just feed the two hamsters a few acorns every other session in the SV. Basically if it's stock you're wasting money, especially at a track day. If you aren't worried about the cost then run whatever makes you happy, but make sure you are mapped properly either way

On race days he uses sugar coated corn.

LesPow

Control Rider
I run race fuel to RACE! I have a switch that controls the ECU's mapping to MR12 or Pump. Track days, pump fuel for sure. Race days, Race fuel. And yes it does make a diff. throughout the rev range.