Q2s VS. Q3s

jorge1812

So I'm finally getting back on the track after a long year and three months. I've always ran Q2s and I absolutely love them. I'm thinking about going with Q3s this season. Can anyone tell me how they differ from each other or which set of tires deliver better performance? Thanks Guys!!!!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You'd probably have to switch to Q3's at some point anyway if you wanted to stay with Dunlop Tires.

The supply of Q2's will run out, and they're not probably going to continue making that now dated product.

no0one718

i just went to q3 from q2, glad i did. the q3 seems to have more grip, and doesn't square off as fast. i have noticed a bit more cold tearing on the 3 vs the 2 though. my street bike has an mostly gone q2 on the front, and a pretty OK q3 on the rear, when the rear is gone i'll replace them both with a new matching set of q3's...

freeflydive

I rode both the Q2 and Q3 on the track last year at a beginner level. The Q3 are fantastic and know a few riders using them upto a very fast intermediate level...at that point, they typically transition to GPA's. Somehow Dunlop managed to increase the Q3's level of grip, while increasing their longevity (usually a contradiction). The staff at California Superbike School love the Q3's...many have noted an improvement over the already awesome Q2s...can't beat the performance and price level.

vzhulin

jorge - def go with the Q3. An overall better tire (which is cool, considering the Q2 was great). To me, it feels more stable - and better/quick turn-in.