Question about Dunlop D214 and the track.

My friend is planning on joining N2 and doing track days with me this year. He asked me if D214 will work and be any good on the track? I could not answer any of his questions because I know nothing about these tires. He also wanted to know how they compare to the Q3 that I run on the track? He will be riding in the Intermediate group and is a very decent rider. Also the D214 tires are new with less than 100 miles on them. Thanks for any help I can pass on to him...Scott 71 I told him to buy some Q3 but he really does not have the extra $$$$ right now.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Hopefully he stored his bike on stands over the winter...if he has less than 100 miles he should be fine on the track.

Thanks Vinny, I will check and see how he stored it. I told him to get 2-3 track days on them in the early season then get some Q3... I will be at NJMP on 5-17 and 5-18 are you going to be there? You can check out the new trailer decals I added and see my Pit-Bull Traile Restraint system I put in it...Love this TRAILER! Thanks again.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
http://dunlopracing.com/ Call the tire source and ask the questions. They represent and distribute the brand..so they're going to know more about their products. Steve Brubaker's the man at Dunlop you want to talk to.

I'm sure they're a fine tire..but are they designed by Dunlop to withstand and perform under the extreme conditions a tire has to perform under at a race track?

Just because it's black and round doesn't mean anything. Applying generalities to this situation can be a recipe for disaster. If he doesn't have the cash for a good set of tires, does he have the cash for repairing his bike if things go wrong on those 214's? It's about $250 for Q3's....repairs can quite easily start at $1000 and go up from there.

D-Zum;n593072 wrote: http://dunlopracing.com/ Call the tire source and ask the questions. They represent and distribute the brand..so they're going to know more about their products. Steve Brubaker's the man at Dunlop you want to talk to.

I'm sure they're a fine tire..but are they designed by Dunlop to withstand and perform under the extreme conditions a tire has to perform under at a race track?

Just because it's black and round doesn't mean anything. Applying generalities to this situation can be a recipe for disaster. If he doesn't have the cash for a good set of tires, does he have the cash for repairing his bike if things go wrong on those 214's? It's about $250 for Q3's....repairs can quite easily start at $1000 and go up from there.
Very good points!! I told him to just put Q3 on, I guess I will have to loan him the $$$$.I do not want to see a friend get hurt.