question about NESBA

lobsterhound

Any reason NESBA (NORTHEAST sport bike association) does not have track days at Loudon? If the name is indicative of anything it would seem to make sense. Especially seeing as how it goes all the way to Florida but not NE

z064life

Really Everett!!

Some tracks have been deemed not safe, and I know NESBA pulled out of the Midwest early last year and is focusing on other regions. They have a good presence in the NE but the SE seems to have the most tracks. They tried NOLA last year but I've heard they couldn't get enough help so they aren't planning to expand there anymore :(

matt2212

lobsterhound;270557 wrote: Any reason NESBA (NORTHEAST sport bike association) does not have track days at Loudon? If the name is indicative of anything it would seem to make sense. Especially seeing as how it goes all the way to Florida but not NE
I believe New Jersey and New York are in the north east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobsterhound

matt2212;270568 wrote: I believe New Jersey and New York are in the north east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed they are but so is NH. There are a lot of members north of NJ so I was just curious why NH was not on the circuit.

lobsterhound

z064life;270558 wrote: Really Everett!!

Some tracks have been deemed not safe, and I know NESBA pulled out of the Midwest early last year and is focusing on other regions. They have a good presence in the NE but the SE seems to have the most tracks. They tried NOLA last year but I've heard they couldn't get enough help so they aren't planning to expand there anymore :(

There are a number of track day companies that run at Loudon so I doubt its an issue of safety. Ive never had any trouble running there either. Given that its a NASCAR track the surface is very well kept

andykurz

lobsterhound;270654 wrote: Given that its a NASCAR track the surface is very well kept
Your first statement is true, but the second, no. Have you ridden Pocono? The main oval and the turny parts that we like often receive different treatment.

I am interested too why NESBA doesn't run at Loudon, many other groups do. It's just a curiosity thing for me - too long of a drive!

PJZOCC624

lobsterhound;270557 wrote: Any reason NESBA (NORTHEAST sport bike association) does not have track days at Loudon? If the name is indicative of anything it would seem to make sense. Especially seeing as how it goes all the way to Florida but not NE
Guessing that since the main office is in PA, I'm guessing the org started in the NORTHEAST, and those tracks in the NE. As it grew, it began to encompass tracks outside of that area in the hopes of growing the popularity of the org. Or should they have changed their name to "The trackday org formerly known as NESBA"? I mean, I've flown on flights by Southwest Airlines that went to New York...

As far as Loudon, as Judy said, I've never known NESBA to run there. Yes, bikes DO run at Loudon. If Sideburn sees this thread I'm sure he'll chime in as I know he's ridden there.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I've ridden at Loudon a few times at least. I wouldn't make the 8 hr drive from NJ if NESBA ran there. If I'm going to drive that far, I'm heading south to the likes of VIR and RA. Much better tracks, at least IMHO.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Didn't the AMA stop running up there after DuHamel broke his leg hitting a wall there?