questions about boots

teresa23

help please,

I'm shopping for some new boots, selling my current ones. I'm looking for a size 37 european, and something that will provide great protection on the track. I would like to put my leathers inside, but wasn't successful with my large cup sidi boots, so perhaps my dainese leathers are too bulky?

are there any boot makes that have a large cup for putting leathers inside, or should I look for a narrow calf cup? Are there any boots specifically that have a narrow calf cup?

please reply with your boot size / fit model and experience here if you can help!

tdelegram

Control Rider
I have had both styles and have settled on the dainese under suit boots coupled with their suit. Comfortable, great protection, nothing to get hung up on the bike. I also ran the sidi top of the line with suit in boots, very comfy, a little of a pia to get on, would occasionally catch the heel guards on R1, rc8, and rc390. Glad I switched over to the dainese’s.

chrisplm

Chris
I've run Sidis in the past, and currently run Astars Supertech R's
I like the Sidis, but I have experienced some issues of the boots catching the heel guards as well. That may be fixed on some of the newer boots??
With regard to the Supertech R's: they have an Inner "bootie" that is separate from the outer boot. The inner bootie can be put inside your suit, then the outer goes outside the suit. It takes a little longer to put them on that way, but if you are having issues getting the calf of your suit to fit in your boot, this helps a lot.

Kruizen

Control Rider
What type of boots are you currently having issues with?

post a picture of your calf’s with. The suit on, that will give us an idea if there is too much material and the suit need shortened/taken in in the calf.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I recently purchased an off-the-rack Dainese suit. Because they have the "option" of opening wider to go over their boots, or zippering the panel shut to fit inside boots, I cannot wear them inside my Alpinestar Supertechs. (previous suit, custom Vanson, easily fit inside the A-Stars). And I have pretty thin calves. They won't go over the boots, either. Since I need new boots anyway, I'm going to get the Dainese boots made to be worn with the Dainese leathers on the outside of the boots. I'd considered having the suit legs altered to remove the extra zipper and material, but was told it would be expensive. So I concluded, for me, that its probably cheaper and less hassle to get the Dainese "in" boots.

Short answer, I think it's going to be difficult to find a pair of boots that an off-the-rack Dainese suit with the extra zipper/expansion panel will fit inside of.

That was my experience with the Alpinestars, anyway. I can just barely pull the zipper up, but all the extra leather is too constricting and uncomfortable. The extra strain on the zipper may cause it to break, too. I tried putting the leathers over the inner boot, too, with no greater success.

Last edited: