Quickly wearing tires

bacolmm

withoutequal;285915 wrote: I plan on doing my forks over the winter, but I don't want to buy a rear shock. I feel I'm not fast enough to warrant such an upgrade. I may respring the shock. Thoughts?
I sent my stock GSXR shock to Thermosman, he re-sprung and revalved it, and I'm very happy with the results!

Ruhe52

but again, it cant be serviced, since its a stock shock. I would like to ride the stock suspension as long as possible.
Who is telling you this? A stock shock can be resprung and revalved oil level and weight etc if so inclined. That shock is no different than an aftermarket in most respects as far as service and tweaks. Waste of money to do the front and leave the rear alone.
10,000 miles I don't want to be around when those forks are opened holy cow that's gonna smell.... well like a dead cow.

withoutequal

Ruhe52;286393 wrote: Who is telling you this? A stock shock can be resprung and revalved oil level and weight etc if so inclined. That shock is no different than an aftermarket in most respects as far as service and tweaks. Waste of money to do the front and leave the rear alone.
10,000 miles I don't want to be around when those forks are opened holy cow that's gonna smell.... well like a dead cow.
The suzuki service manual says "do not attempt to disassemble the rear shock absorber. It is unserviceable" Is this not the case? Also, I was playing around with pressures this past day at main, and saw significantly better wear. Given, main is less abrasive than lightning, beaver, It may have just been a pressure issue. I'll have to see if I can recreate the same wear at those tracks later.

Ruhe52

Yeah actually they don't want you to service it as most people do not have the equipment to charge a shock or remove the charge safely.
My manual says the same thing and so did my 05 GSXR1000 which was resprung and valved for my weight.

The big question is with a host of better more serviceable shocks on the market and used for a real good number would it be worth doing a stock shock anymore?

Manual also says to replace crush washer on oil drain but you know sometimes you just don't have one and have yet to drop a drip.

withoutequal

Ruhe52;286409 wrote: Yeah actually they don't want you to service it as most people do not have the equipment to charge a shock or remove the charge safely.
My manual says the same thing and so did my 05 GSXR1000 which was resprung and valved for my weight.

The big question is with a host of better more serviceable shocks on the market and used for a real good number would it be worth doing a stock shock anymore?

Manual also says to replace crush washer on oil drain but you know sometimes you just don't have one and have yet to drop a drip.
True true, can you recommend a person/shop to do the forks and shock in the maryland area? I'm in frederick.

Zebman

Stock shock is serviceable. Had mine done on my R6S and I did my fork re-valve myself, best investment thus far.