R6 Tire choice...

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
So ended up getting the Diablo Superbike slicks.... 120/70/17 F & 190/55/17 R
F-- SC1
R--SC2
Anyone think that will be a good option???

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
You must have gotten older tires as I believe they don't make the new slicks in 190. I believe the new compound is only on the 180 and 200...

I find the SC1 front is a little too soft and "folds" under hard trail braking. But depending on your pace this might not even be a problem, but if it is you could 1: get an SC2 or 2: bump up the pressure a couple of psi.
SC2 rear doesn't have the grip (small difference) of the SC1 but does last longer.

Greg Blanchard

Thanks for the info friends.... I hope the tires I got aren't too old!! I'll have to ask the guy I'm getting them from. I should never but I assume they're new?? I know they are new as never been used but as far as production idk... I'll look into it. Any recommendations on psi for these??

tdelegram

Control Rider
Unless your running a few seconds within the moto america pace (like Emerson) you won't see or feel what he's experiancing.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I agree with Tom. Usually when Emerson feels that front tire "folding" it's because he is just passing through the speed of sound, and the vibrations from that sonic distortion affects the performance of the tire. Of course, this is also affected by the wind stream being distorted by his helmet....

Greg Blanchard

That's funny.... I won't be running ridiculous times I do know that!! I'm fairly new to the track seen and have only been to a track day a hand full of times... I could look it up but seems like you guys know your shit.... Any recs on psi for the tires, being they're slicks?? I am not a small guy either!! Idk if my size would play any roll in running a difference psi but since I'm 260lbs just figured I'd throw that out there.. Don't get me wrong it's 260lbs of muscle (and fat) but mostly I'm just a big dude..... So again with that in mind should I look it up or you guys think you could help me out??
Thanks in advance!!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Yep..that's fine.

Your weight doesn't have a lot to do with tire pressure. Your tires, properly inflated to those specifications, and your suspension's spring rates and compression/rebound settings all combine to provide you the ride and handling characteristics optimal for achieving your desired lap times.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I have non digital warmers but I check them with a temp gauge and they run around 208- 212°.... That should be fine right?

Yep that'll be fine. The more you progress in the game the more you'll fine tune your bike setup, but this is definitely a good start!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
That's funny.... I won't be running ridiculous times I do know that!! I'm fairly new to the track seen and have only been to a track day a hand full of times... I could look it up but seems like you guys know your shit.... Any recs on psi for the tires, being they're slicks?? I am not a small guy either! Idk if my size would play any roll in running a difference psi but since I'm 260lbs just figured I'd throw that out there.. Don't get me wrong it's 260lbs of muscle (and fat) but mostly I'm just a big dude..... So again with that in mind should I look it up or you guys think you could help me out??
Thanks in advance!!!

Im 260 as well (mostly fat and a gigantic head) ..... so yeah you can run those pressures.

Greg Blanchard

So I just had this guy tell me I should use balance bags for my tires instead of weights like I have on my wheels now!!?? Anyone heard of that or this dude crazy??