R6 wont even turn on...

mnofpeace

:banghead: :dunno:
my 01 R6 was riding fine, then it just cut off. turning the key now doesnt even turn on the lights, instruments, ect.

I have checked the battery, fuses, and think i have narrowed it down to the ignition-key switch but i am not sure of what i am missing.

has anyone had this issue before, what did it turn out to be?

Patrick
Ft. Washington, Md

BigKid

Did you check the one single fuse back on the starter relay. It is kind of a main fuse and it is missed by many when troubleshooting.

Steve

I've had a quick disconnect come disconnected while riding and have the same problem, but mine's a honda, so I can't help with where it might be.

mnofpeace

the 01 is carburated...thing of it is, it is not that the engine wont turn over...

when i turn the key in the ignition switch to 'on', i don't get anything, no lights, no spedo, no light on the tach, no signals, and no electricity to the bike at all...

it could be the fuse on the starter relay, as i did not know about that...but it is something between the key-switch and the battery...it is way before anything to do with the enging.

thanks guys. with it being so hot, and me not having a garage to work from, i just put it in the shop and let them sort it out. it is gonna cost me way more than if i found it myself, i know...but at least it will get fixed by professionals.

Patrick