Race licensing consideration???

PJZOCC624

Has NESBA considered putting together a classroom curriculum for the purpose of WERA/CCS licensing? I'm wondering why they haven't gotten into this. I know there are dedicated race schools, and I'm pretty sure another track day org has one of these schools. Curious as to why NESBA hasn't incorporated this.

(My purpose for asking is I'd like to do a race school and give WERA or CCS a shot, and I'd rather spend a track day with NESBA rather than TPM, Lyle, etc...)

murph146

Control Rider
There are a limited number of spots left for the next license class. I am certified in training new races how to navigate the race track at speed. With my help and your determination you WILL be on the fast track to the podium. There is a small fee of course and we accept all forms of payment. I only have 4 controllers for the next class, so hurry today to reserve yours. Moto GP 09/10 rocks !!!:D:D

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
You can pay $75, of course that may have gone up, with Wera and do their race school. It's very basic and focuses purely on flags and start procedures but gets you out there fairly cheap and easy.

As for Nesba, it's not in the market to build racers, even though Nesba advanced riders consistently have taken podiums and championships

Mikey75702

I think the race school is $100 now. Still pretty cheap. But as Dave said, I was told the same thing about it being very basic.

Matt H

As sort of said above, race-licensing classes focus on the procedures, flags, and rules for racing. They don't focus on whether or not you know how to ride. Classroom sessions, written test, mock race to see if you can pay attention to those procedures and flags. In my opinion, really a different set of information than trackday instruction. Not that becoming comfortable on the race track and learning to ride on a race track are not important - it's just those things are not high on the list of race-licensing requirements. Remember, race organizations, for better or worse, threw people with no track experience out in a race before trackdays existed as long as they could follow procedure. Now some track day organizations have put a program together to include a race license - but it's different than a trackday. For example, with Cornerspeed, their Level 1 course that will get you a race license is one 20-minute rotation during the hour of a track day, but those 20 minutes and the classroom downtime are not like a trackday; the other two sessions are a trackday for the different ability groups.

ceptorman

Mikey75702;169773 wrote: I think the race school is $100 now. Still pretty cheap. But as Dave said, I was told the same thing about it being very basic.
It is $100...and it's pretty basic. After the school is a mock race, if you don't crash, you'll get a Provisional Novice license with WERA. After 2 weekends without crashing, you'll receive a Novice license. With one of the WERA accepted race classes given by Cornerspeed, Ed Bargy, Pridmore etc....you'll only need one weekend as a provisional novice.

Gorilla

Control Rider
ceptorman;169804 wrote: With one of the WERA accepted race classes given by Cornerspeed, Ed Bargy, Pridmore etc....you'll only need one weekend as a provisional novice.
This is the best way IMHO. I did the Bargy school.

PJZOCC624

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I've looked up the other schools, and will end up doing WERA's school on one of their race weekends. Just seems like it'd be a "do-able" addition to NESBAs trackday. Add another $75 or $100 to your trackday, make it available to "I" and "A" group riders only, and seems like maybe 2 or 3 meetings throughout the day should be enough time to cover what would be needed.

Just thinkin' out loud.

Fastguy

PJZOCC17;170135 wrote: Thanks for the input. Yeah, I've looked up the other schools, and will end up doing WERA's school on one of their race weekends. Just seems like it'd be a "do-able" addition to NESBAs trackday. Add another $75 or $100 to your trackday, make it available to "I" and "A" group riders only, and seems like maybe 2 or 3 meetings throughout the day should be enough time to cover what would be needed.

Just thinkin' out loud.
:agree:

I dont understand why Nesba can't get into this arena to compete with the other TD orgs.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Our purpose is to get sportbikers on the track – where they can ride to their fullest potential without the limitations, distractions, and hazards of the street. We operate on the premise, "Ride Fast, Ride Safe". We believe riders can and should do both … in a structured environment, free from the free-for-all mentality of the street or the dogfight mentality of racing.

Tony A

slow_honda;170166 wrote: Our purpose is to get sportbikers on the track – where they can ride to their fullest potential without the limitations, distractions, and hazards of the street. We operate on the premise, "Ride Fast, Ride Safe". We believe riders can and should do both … in a structured environment, free from the free-for-all mentality of the street or the dogfight mentality of racing.
The new avatar speaks so wisely

rk97

PJZOCC17;170135 wrote: I've looked up the other schools, and will end up doing WERA's school on one of their race weekends.
PJ - look into whoever is running the Friday practice before certain WERA rounds.

I did a $100 trackday at BeaveRun with Apex2apex, and they threw in the 'race school' for free.

So ya, I still spent the same $100, but I got seven 20-minute sessions of riding in, instead of more like two 20-minute sessions, and a mock race. I took the same written test WERA gives, and the A2A people gave me a little certificate to take to the WERA officials the next morning to get my license.

I cheaped out, but 2 guys in my school raced the next day in the solo 20 while the WERA school was in session. Dale lapped them both. Twice. :haha:

PJZOCC624

murph146;169765 wrote: There are a limited number of spots left for the next license class. I am certified in training new races how to navigate the race track at speed. With my help and your determination you WILL be on the fast track to the podium. There is a small fee of course and we accept all forms of payment. I only have 4 controllers for the next class, so hurry today to reserve yours. Moto GP 09/10 rocks !!!:D:D

You're a dork... :D

I just realized who this was :doh:

PJZOCC624

rk97;170224 wrote: PJ - look into whoever is running the Friday practice before certain WERA rounds.

I did a $100 trackday at BeaveRun with Apex2apex, and they threw in the 'race school' for free.
Good idea... thanks!