Racing suit question. Should it be this tight?

I am 6'2" and weigh 205 lbs. My Alpinestars Trigger suit arrived today. I have never worn a race suit. Giving my dimensions to sportbikeracinggear the recommendation was a size 54 Euro. They said Alpinestars sizes one large so you go down a size.

This thing is really tight. It is impossible to put on alone - normal I an told and standing it turns me into a monkey as it forces me over. I have set on the bike and the feeling is better. The tightness in the crotch goes away as well as in the shoulders. The knees remains tight but are not too uncomfortable. Leaning side to side the suit's tightness resists my motion.

Once I wear it outside I own it. I know these suits are designed not for walking but riding. My salesman suggest watching TV in it to allow it to loosen some. One salesman thought I should be in a larger size but it all comes down to is the tightness bearable to me.

Comments? Should I order a 56 just for sizing?

Reg

Blinky

I have a spidi suit and I need help getting it off most of the time unless i crouch down will low and try pulling my shoulders in awkward ways. If you have trouble zipping it up and trying to tuck skin in, get another size. I like to have my tight around because you don't want anything shifting if you crash. Trust me it's suppose to feel snug unless you like a loose feeling. I'm slumped over some too when I walk but comfy as hell when on the bike. It will stretch some after fittings. im 510 about 230 with a 58 euro size if I recall correctly. I tried a 56 on, but my shoulders were to wide for the europe fit suit. Will let you know when I get back to check it out. But will most likely be different size than the alphinestars fitting size.

:popcorn:

Mikey75702

I would imagine the 56 is the euro size?? and it is 46 US... If so, Im not sure how you fit in that thing at 6'2"... I am 5'11" and squeeze into a 58 euro. And it is exactly my height. It fits like a glove, I am also 225# and dont have room for a back protector either. Hopefully when I loose a few #'s That will fit. Oh and my suit is a Teknic. Hope that helps.

maxpr1

I felt like a sausage when I received my recomended size. Snug is one thing but if you can't fit a Back and chest protector under neath than I would say to go up one size...
just my 2 cents

Blinky

Maybe Afinepoint had to really squeeze into that suit.

Check this site out and use it to compare sizes. They don't really have the measurements for Alphinestars but others like Joe Rocket should come close to yours. Unless you can call Alphinestars and get their exact measurements for their suits. It shows that you should be up 2 more sizes going by your weight and height.

http://www.extremesupply.com/suitsizing/suitsizing.htm

Yank 521

Control Rider
i also have a tight suit. i would rather have it that way cause in case of bike, rider seperation it won't twist around and expose the stretch panels to the asphalt. if it twists now your gonna lose your skin "elbows and knees"

When standing the suit grabs my crotch like a dobermine and the shoulders hurt. When sitting the crotch is comfortable and the shoulders snug but not painful. The calf area is tight when sitting but if the zippers can handle it so can I.

When zipping up the front I have to tuck the T shirt in and go slow. The zipper is under stress pulling the front together. I tell you it is like putting on clothing I left behind years ago. How strong are these zippers?

Standing it is tiring to hold my arms up. The telephone felt like a dumbell.

The back protector digs into my back when standing and slightly when crouched.

Just don't want another $$$ on the credit card to order another suit if this one is doing what it is suppose to.

Thanks for the feedback. Oh, yes the sizing is Euro.

Reg

barry38

afinepoint;117918 wrote: When standing the suit grabs my crotch like a dobermine and the shoulders hurt. When sitting the crotch is comfortable and the shoulders snug but not painful. The calf area is tight when sitting but if the zippers can handle it so can I.

When zipping up the front I have to tuck the T shirt in and go slow. The zipper is under stress pulling the front together. I tell you it is like putting on clothing I left behind years ago. How strong are these zippers?

Just don't want another $$$ on the credit card to order another suit if this one is doing what it is suppose to.

Reg
What you're describing is what it's supposed to do. A one piece while standing, will feel like crap because it's not designed to stand in, it's designed to ride in while in a race tuck. If you can get into a race tuck and move side to side on the bike in relative comfort, it fits. And keep in mind, the leather will soften and the suit will loosen up a bit.

slowpoke

afinepoint;117918 wrote: When standing the suit grabs my crotch like a dobermine and the shoulders hurt. When sitting the crotch is comfortable and the shoulders snug but not painful. The calf area is tight when sitting but if the zippers can handle it so can I.

Reg
I'm the same size 6'2" and 195 and i wear A* 56/46 and it fits great: snug but not what you're describing. I'd go up a size.

Blinky

I agree. Try one more size and see how that feels. My suit is snug but my balls don't feel like they are getting used as a chew toy by a dobermine.

slowpoke

Blinky;117949 wrote: I agree. Try one more size and see how that feels. My suit is snug but my balls don't feel like they are getting used as a chew toy by a dobermine.

a beagle maybe but definitely not a dobermine.

beac83

I'm 6' 1" 190 and can't fit into a size 54/44. I use a 56/46 which is snug in the chest but not tight. If it were me, I'd go up to a 56/46.

Just my $.02

NickMcCoy

afinepoint;117901 wrote: I am 6'2" and weigh 205 lbs. My Alpinestars Trigger suit arrived today. I have never worn a race suit. Giving my dimensions to sportbikeracinggear the recommendation was a size 54 Euro. They said Alpinestars sizes one large so you go down a size.

This thing is really tight. It is impossible to put on alone - normal I an told and standing it turns me into a monkey as it forces me over. I have set on the bike and the feeling is better. The tightness in the crotch goes away as well as in the shoulders. The knees remains tight but are not too uncomfortable. Leaning side to side the suit's tightness resists my motion.

Once I wear it outside I own it. I know these suits are designed not for walking but riding. My salesman suggest watching TV in it to allow it to loosen some. One salesman thought I should be in a larger size but it all comes down to is the tightness bearable to me.

Reg
I can't believe you can even get into that suit, I would definitely go bigger, maybe even a 58.

I'm 6'0", 175 and have worn a 56 in Alpinestars and now the same with an RS Taichi. I prefer to be comfortable so it's not tight but it still fits pretty well. I understand you want it tight but I would rather be able to move around on the bike without the suit making me uncomfortable.

Tony A

Yes i got to agree go up one, i am 6-0 and 190 in a us 46. I could get into a 44 but it was not fun.

sobottka

afinepoint;117901 wrote: I am 6'2" and weigh 205 lbs. My Alpinestars Trigger suit arrived today. I have never worn a race suit. Giving my dimensions to sportbikeracinggear the recommendation was a size 54 Euro. They said Alpinestars sizes one large so you go down a size.

Reg
I'm 5'10 ans 190lbs and my astars suit size 54 fits perfect. send it back for a 56

I contacted STG who states, "The 56 is what you need correct. The suit you have runs a full size off. So even though it says 54 it actually fits like a 56. Alpinestars sizing ran off of that run. "

So I may need a 58. Size 60 is the largest in this suit.

Reg

sobottka

if its tight in the crotch and shoulders when standing, its too small, go up one size ....to a 56. if stg is telling you this suit fits and its tight in the crotch when standing, return it for a refund and shop elsewhere. it shouldnt be that tight
as stated earlier im 5 10 190lbs and my 54 suit is snug