Raleigh to NCBike on 7/23

GSXR_K5rider

If I can still register for a spot I was hoping to attend the NCBike 7/23 track day, is there anyone leaving from or passing through Raleigh who could give me a ride, I can share fuel costs. Please let me know ASPA, don't want to book the track day and not be able to get there. Thanks!

meanstrk

Control Rider
I am coming through Raleigh, but am doing both days rather than just the one. If you wanted to hang out for Sunday then I may be able to work with you.

Many people rent a Uhaul trailer for pretty cheap. Not sure if that is an option for you or not.

GSXR_K5rider

If my bike was registered/insured for road use I would definitely go with you since I could just ride back the next day.

U-haul trailer rental isn't an option since I don't have a car with a tow hitch.

Thanks though! Anyone else maybe just attending 7/23 track day?

meanstrk

Control Rider
Not sure what kind of car you have, but it may be worth looking in to. I have towed with two different Subaru WRX's, a Miata, and CX7, all with zero issues.

GSXR_K5rider

I've considered going the tow hitch installation route but am unsure a 97 Camry 4 cylinder can handle it, car already bottoms out over every bump it hits.

Lars, thanks for the offer, unfortunately I can't make it both days.

I've been putting off registering since I'm not sure I can arrange transportation, if anyone else is only attending 7/23 please let me know!

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Alternatively, throw your bike in my trailer ahead of time and drive your car separately- I'll bring it back to Raleigh on Sunday after the event and you can pick it up whenever you want. I promise I won't steal it (unless it's REALLY REALLY nice) :)

GSXR_K5rider

Lars, I'd actually be okay with that (dropping it with you ahead of time). Let me look into registering and what it will take to prepare the bike and I'll get back to you. Thanks again!

GSXR_K5rider

Turns out I won't be able to attend after all due to work related issues. Maybe some other time :'(

Thanks again to all those who offered ride sharing, really appreciate it!