Rear tire choices

jasonhillva

Looks like pirelli stopped making the 180 sc2 and only makes it in the sc1 now. Will the 190/60 sc2 work on the Gen 3 R6? If not what are the other choices? I ran a dunlop on my 848 last year and liked it, but prefer the Pirelli's.

jasonhillva

are a lot of folks switching to the 190? I put one on my 848 last year, because they didn't have the 180. It worked fine and I didn't notice a major diff.

bmart

Control Rider
You'll want to check the actual sizes, as a 190 isn't a 190 ins't a 190. I know that on the Dunlops, I can run them all on my old R6.

Shifty10

Control Rider
Looks like pirelli stopped making the 180 sc2 and only makes it in the sc1 now. Will the 190/60 sc2 work on the Gen 3 R6? If not what are the other choices? I ran a dunlop on my 848 last year and liked it, but prefer the Pirelli's.
Yes it will work. Those of us who run pirellis all transitioned to the 190/60 rear last year for all compounds. The biggest difference I personally noticed was feeling a lot more edge grip at full lean.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yup, what Shifty said. I switched last year too, for my gsxr 750. If the 180/60 fit, the 190/60 will fit. I didn't notice any handling change, but more contact patch at lean angle. They were only offering the 190/60 in SC1 and SC3, for slicks. Did they change that and now have SC2?

Shifty10

Control Rider
Yup, what Shifty said. I switched last year too, for my gsxr 750. If the 180/60 fit, the 190/60 will fit. I didn't notice any handling change, but more contact patch at lean angle. They were only offering the 190/60 in SC1 and SC3, for slicks. Did they change that and now have SC2?
The SC2 in 190/60 "exists" but i havent seen it. I personally never use an SC2 rear so I haven't looked very extensively.

jhonrider

Michelin Road 5Best sport/street tireLong-lasting Multi-compound tech
Dunlop Q3+Best sport tiresTrack performance DOT approved
Continental TKC70Best on-road ADV tiresStreet bias High-tech siping
Bridgestone M204 Motocross Rear TireBest for off-road tiresGreat quality with adaptable design

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
It'll fit.

The only time I've worried about a Pirelli fitting is on a sv650 with a 180 rear tire conversion. Shit gets tight then when you put warmers on.

Michelin Road 5Best sport/street tireLong-lasting Multi-compound tech
Dunlop Q3+Best sport tiresTrack performance DOT approved
Continental TKC70Best on-road ADV tiresStreet bias High-tech siping
Bridgestone M204 Motocross Rear TireBest for off-road tiresGreat quality with adaptable design

:meatball:

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Can get these in 180....

The td compound is more like an sc3.