RHT Cold Race Collar

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I have not, but I'd like reading other's opinion of them if they have.
I've spend my share of money on lots of cooling gizmos and gadgets and still find a water sprayer and sitting in front of my fan to be the best cooling I get.

I also have one of these contraptions that is pretty good, but you need to keep it full of ice:

Again, I hardly use it anymore over a wet rag/water sprayer/fan setup. :like:

Kriswknight

I have not, but I'd like reading other's opinion of them if they have.
I've spend my share of money on lots of cooling gizmos and gadgets and still find a water sprayer and sitting in front of my fan to be the best cooling I get.

I also have one of these contraptions that is pretty good, but you need to keep it full of ice:

Again, I hardly use it anymore over a wet rag/water sprayer/fan setup. :like:
That is why I like the idea of this collar, because I can just throw it in the cooler and not worry about all the extras.

bmart

Control Rider
I've tried a few also and just stick with drinking H2O (I've seen a guy collapse at speed from heat exhaustion), staying in the shade, and maybe with the most impact coming from taking leathers off (or at least top of leathers and boots) between sessions.

SirBonus

I agree with the removing of boots & leathers between sessions. It also helps to get a suit dryer or small fan to put in the top of the suit. It makes it much cooler and will usually get dry (for me anyways) between sessions. Makes getting getting it back on much easier and feels better than stepping into an already hot damp suit. The cooling towels work great.

Kriswknight

I agree with the removing of boots & leathers between sessions. It also helps to get a suit dryer or small fan to put in the top of the suit. It makes it much cooler and will usually get dry (for me anyways) between sessions. Makes getting getting it back on much easier and feels better than stepping into an already hot damp suit. The cooling towels work great.
Those are great ideas. With the Tech Air 10, it's so much more difficult to take the suit off if you aren't pitted with a buddy.

bmart

Control Rider
I touched my last suit dripping with another dude's sweat....so don't look at me! :)

Vanson solved this decades ago, and I never looked back.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Those are great ideas. With the Tech Air 10, it's so much more difficult to take the suit off if you aren't pitted with a buddy.

Long sleeved under armor type shirt and long pants help a lot. I'm not a fan of them but they sure do help getting in and out of the suit.

jsin38

I bought a cheapy fishing shirt from Walmart a couple of years ago. Works well enough for allowing the leathers to go off and on between sessions. Also saves on sunscreen. Swim trunks take care of the bottom half. Evaporation cooling is my game with the wet towel in the cooler.

Hydrating is key and starting the process 2-3 days before the riders meeting is my strategy. Sometimes I miss it by a day or so and I can really tell the difference later in the afternoon on a hot day.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was just talking to someone else about this (in that brutal NC heat) and wondering if I could pass tech with a beer cooler full of ice strapped to my tail fairing.