Richmond Cycle Shop

03bueller

Control Rider
Are you refering to when they dyno in steps( certain throttle % and hold for 10 sec)? As opposed to a roll on all the way up?

And if I should care about what dyno is used are there certain things I should be looking for?

I'm not looking for max hp, if I wanted more power I'd get a bigger bike, I do want a little bit better torque curve to move my fat ass around the track. If I have to sacrifice some top end to get there then so be it.

03bueller;299786 wrote: Are you refering to when they dyno in steps( certain throttle % and hold for 10 sec)? As opposed to a roll on all the way up?

And if I should care about what dyno is used are there certain things I should be looking for?

I'm not looking for max hp, if I wanted more power I'd get a bigger bike, I do want a little bit better torque curve to move my fat ass around the track. If I have to sacrifice some top end to get there then so be it.
Give me a few heading work.

03bueller;299786 wrote: Are you refering to when they dyno in steps( certain throttle % and hold for 10 sec)? As opposed to a roll on all the way up?

you have ro: roll on tuning, and steady state tuning
roll on would be considered coming out of t2, t3,t8,t10 at summit point, steady state would be considered t6,through t7.

Road A, steady state would be t3 "old config" or the current chicane and t7 and the old t12.

each of them yield a completely difference fuel curve believe it or not.

step tests can be used in tuning but it's not ideal, even the best tuners can take up to 20-30 seconds to tune 1 cell.

A properly set up dyno would have the eddy current load control, without that it's very hard to "properly" tune a bike. dynojet has a 200, 200I that do not have load control. True fine tuning is very hard to do and would take some serious time to achieve what the Factory Pro, Dj 250 and 250I, also I must include the New Dyno By bazzz can with a load cell. I can hold a bike at 3000 Rpms at full throttle all day long.

I can also do steady state tuning up to 6k, have an af ratio of 12.8-13.0 and then come back and start a roll on at 3000 and the air fuel is completely different. Not to mention trying to prevent hard on/off throttle transitions. anyone with a 04-05 Gsxr 750 can possibly remember the hard on off throttle hit on a corner scaring the crap out of you. It takes a understanding of road racing to tune those bikes, if you don't have that knowledge you customer will doing the R&D for you so that you do understand it. That R&D will be come backs and multiple complaints.

I'll come back with some visuals so you can see what im tlking about but have to run around for a few. hope this little bit helps.

03bueller

Control Rider
So roll on tuning is for when you'll be getting heavy on the gas and steady state is for holding either the same rpm or very small acceleration?

Yes please for the visuals :p Or maybe we should move this to the tech section......

03bueller;299803 wrote: So roll on tuning is for when you'll be getting heavy on the gas and steady state is for holding either the same rpm or very small acceleration?

Yes please for the visuals :p Or maybe we should move this to the tech section......
yep

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/f36xvnp]
6xvn.png
[/URL]

Ok can anybody tell me what they are looking at.

03bueller;299814 wrote: Steady state test?
It's a zx10 being tuned by throttle percentage. 100,80,60,40,20,10,5 percent. Doesn't look entertaining does it. Emmerson was just looking at it and he was like what in the world is that.

If I gave that to a customer they would probably say the same thing

Unbroken13

that tuning way does sound alot more effiecent for the way we ride our bikes.... but it also seems like alot of time on the dyno... how many hours are you gonna log trying to change all the cells? also your saying that different corners take different air fuel ratios... but how are you gonna tune that into the bike? are you just gonna use a average air fuel? also how come your not seeing the shift points? does it smooth out the siganl?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Handicapped Racer;299811 wrote: yep

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/f36xvnp]
6xvn.png
[/URL]

Ok can anybody tell me what they are looking at.
I thought this was copies of my EKG from my cardiologist. :D

Unbroken13;299817 wrote: that tuning way does sound alot more effiecent for the way we ride our bikes.... but it also seems like alot of time on the dyno... how many hours are you gonna log trying to change all the cells? also your saying that different corners take different air fuel ratios... but how are you gonna tune that into the bike? are you just gonna use a average air fuel? also how come your not seeing the shift points? does it smooth out the siganl?
with tuning link "its a 1500.00 yearly lease" 45 minutes

by hand 4-6 hrs

A sore tail, hot and melted legs. I wear shorts all the time, not to mention a sore neck.

this tire delaminated on me. I kept getting hit in the back and my neck only to find out the tires just came apart while tuning it lol.

That is Jim Frantz's R-1 I think his screen name is Thunder Ace on here.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=636788339699313&set=pb.196227807088704.-2207520000.1391715718.&type=3&theater

Unbroken13;299817 wrote: that tuning way does sound alot more effiecent for the way we ride our bikes.... but it also seems like alot of time on the dyno... how many hours are you gonna log trying to change all the cells? also your saying that different corners take different air fuel ratios... but how are you gonna tune that into the bike? are you just gonna use a average air fuel? also how come your not seeing the shift points? does it smooth out the siganl?
as far as corners go that would be steady state for constant radius turns and roll on for say exiting onto short or long straights. on off would be adjust vai the accelerator pump option.

the biggest thing is you have a hesitation the dyno with load control can let you pinpoint that and then hold it at the specified Rpm to try to dial that issue in. non eddy current your searching and hunting for the problem long than it would take you to fix it, if at all.

A.J.C.P

!ThatGuy!;300894 wrote: Where are you located?
I am located in Upper Marlboro Md, although I do live in Va, If you would like to me somewhere for a pick up. i would be more than willing to meet you, if not my address is below

7830 Penn Western Ct Ste A-1
Upper Marlboro Md 20772.