Road Atlanta 5/24 - 5/25

MagentaZz1

OH MY. That scared me. So glad that didn't turn out bad.

On a side note, excellent weekend overall! FUN FUN!! Great meeting a few of you from up north - Ryan, Patrick, and the boss man Lenny (am I right? LOL) to name a few. Good tips here and there. Looking forward to the next go around.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
The guy in a Novice group almost killed a friend of our yesterday at RA on a back GSXR that was later on parked in front of N2 registration ~SMH~

http://instagram.com/p/odZTt1Dfv3/#

Holy SHIT, I'm thankful that rider missed your friend. Damn, just damn. Folks need to chill out and not ride over their heads. You're right, if that had been a collision, it would have seriously injured or killed your friend. Ride responsibly, folks. Your life, and the life of others, just may depend on it.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hey Sherry! I'm not the "Boss Man";) LOL! I'm just the old dog out there that can try to teach you some new things on the track! LOL!:D You were riding great out there! Congrats on the bump to "A"!:a: it was well EARNED! Just remember what we talked about and you'll do even better on the new bike! Good Luck with the races!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
It seems we can never stress enough the importance of riding within our limits and keeping it safe for everyone. We sat down with the rider to discuss the incident after they brought him back to the paddock. It is unfortunate that the gravity of his actions sunk in as a result of this incident vs. beforehand. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

ekraft84

Thanks for everyone for a great weekend. We had a blast and everything ran smoothly. Weather was perfect and we turned a lot of laps, along with meeting a bunch of cool people.

Thank you also for setting up the air fence. It's great having that piece of mind in case the worst happens.

Does anyone remember who was taking photos? I forgot to write it down during the rider's meeting.

mjkuhno

First time at Road Atlanta and we had a complete blast once I learned a bit more than just that the track goes clockwise.

Much thanks to all of the N2 CRs! Special thanks to John for the tow and telling me that the Daytona throttle goes all the way to stop (smart-ass) to CR Lenny for his foot-fetish lesson and to CR Chris (sorry, I think that's his name) for the tips/pointers after the ride when my iPhone laptimer decided to launch from it's case. Fortunately, I was able to get the phone back (thanks to Road Atlanta's track crew!) and aside from needing a new screen it's still working. Was able to get the session data and the video (!) for the lap when it ejected..used it the next session and it even was able to navigate us back to home.

Here's the ejection lap for anyone that wants a good laugh...because as we all know, if you have to crash you should at least get it on video (and if it's just your camera crashing as you continue to circle the track, as it was in this case....Derp!)

BTW - for anyone interested, the case IS safety wired to the bike. However the latching mechanism (which I think I forgot to close completely) as of this second doesn't have a safety locking pin through it. That'll be fixed before the next track outing for sure (so it doesn't potentially become a projectile again).

mattmx98

Thanks N2 and all the CR's! Great event this weekend. I had a blast, and I'm getting better each time out, thanks to good advice, and consistent advice regardless of the CR. Which helps drill home the points we need to improve on for us old farts trying to pick up some new skillz:)

Video from my new camera, Garmin VIRB (has telemetry info) :
Next trying to get lean angle on here, i think i can do it in the video editing, but it's all new to me so i'll post it if i can figure it out.

The Pics I saw were from "Pics of you". http://www.picsofyou.com/ -> hit "Recent Events" -> hit "N2 Event" -> hit "Expires 1 July 2014" Look for your bike number, type(honda, yam, suz, kawi), or bike color.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hey Mike!
(In front of the group)
Hi! My name is Lenny and I have a foot fetish, doesn't make me a bad guy doesn't it?;) LOL!

You did well out there! We still have to work on a few things but you looking great out there! It was fun to chat with you and the guys!
Oh and thanks for towing me around for a while! I think I have to work on my body position!o_O LOL!

cheater club

holy fuck!!!!!!!

Any one get that name of that fucking misguided missile? Holy shit!!

Glad to see that your buddy is good to go. Did he continue to ride the rest of the weekend?

cheater club

Hey Mike!
(In front of the group)
Hi! My name is Lenny and I have a foot fetish, doesn't make me a bad guy doesn't it?;) LOL!

You did well out there! We still have to work on a few things but you looking great out there! It was fun to chat with you and the guys!
Oh and thanks for towing me around for a while! I think I have to work on my body position!o_O LOL!

Lenny,

So you met part of the Sicilian Racing nut jobs? When you come down South, stop over and listen to all the lies we spill ............oh ya, you can have a cold on us as well.

Dennis
Sicilian Racing's "Secret Squirrel"

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Thanks N2 and all the CR's! Great event this weekend. I had a blast, and I'm getting better each time out, thanks to good advice, and consistent advice regardless of the CR. Which helps drill home the points we need to improve on for us old farts trying to pick up some new skillz:)

Video from my new camera, Garmin VIRB (has telemetry info) :
Next trying to get lean angle on here, i think i can do it in the video editing, but it's all new to me so i'll post it if i can figure it out.

The Pics I saw were from "Pics of you". http://www.picsofyou.com/ -> hit "Recent Events" -> hit "N2 Event" -> hit "Expires 1 July 2014" Look for your bike number, type(honda, yam, suz, kawi), or bike color.
Thanks for filming me. ;) That session was a lot of fun. I'm glad we got to run together for a bunch of laps and I hope what I showed you was helpful. Us old guys have to stick together. :cool:

Southerly

I want to say thanks to all those who put on this weekend at RA. For the most part I really enjoyed it.

I do need to work more on my body position however. I got way to far off the bike on turn 1. I know how that iPhone feels.