Roebling Road Exhaust help!!

All, What exhausts are you all running on? I have an LOR on GSXR 600 which is pretty loud to me. Do you think I should change to OEM to be on the safer side because of DB limits?

Thanks in advance for any inputs!

red5ls

gas it wanker
saw this on the Jennings GP facebook page.
Was posted Feb 3rd

"Jennings GP is still enforcing our 104 DB noise limit. We are joining Roebling Road in not allowing Graves GP1, Arrows GP-1, SC Project-S1, and any open pipe exhausts."

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
104dB is pretty quiet. According to Jennings, my R1 with an Akrapovic Evolution 3/4 exhaust and a tune fails. I was concerned up front and ordered the DBKiller available from Akrvpovic (which took about 2 months to get) and using that put me under the limit.

I understand Jennings is under pressure from locals - however the wife of the owner is extraordinarily rude and arrogant about how she deals with it. Most people don't know the DB level, and her assertion that a stock engine and full exhaust will pass is utter bullshit - as evidenced by many examples. They figured out how to use their portable DB sensor and tested by standing 10' back and slightly to the side with your bike at 50% throttle. With the DBKiller mine was just barely under the 104 limit at 50% throttle.

I don't think RR is as difficult as Jennings. According to Graves, the two most difficult tracks in the US about sound are Jennings and Laguna Seca.

No idea how to check DB other than at a track.

Ron R

Don’t know where you live but I have a dB sensor. Like bill said it doesn’t take much if your making any kind of power to go over 104. I’m in central MD.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Don’t know where you live but I have a dB sensor. Like bill said it doesn’t take much if your making any kind of power to go over 104. I’m in central MD.
Thanks for the offer but I live in Greeneville TN. That’s the north east corner. Maybe I will bump into you at the track (not literally) and we can check it than. My next TD is August 24&25 at NCBike.
I’m concerned about the DBs because the bike I bought has a Leo Vance SBK slip on exhaust from the cat up. It sounds really loud to me. This bike (CBR600rr)is stock except for the exhaust. Every bike that I have ever owned had a stock exhaust until this one.
Considering that you are probably way more familiar with after market exhaust systems do you think that my exhaust is too loud?

Ron R

Stock bikes are very quiet ( my opinion). If your cat is still in place you might be ok but making a trip on a maybe isn’t great so hopefully someone that has your set up may help. You might also be able to find the db specs of your system online. The db scale is not linear it’s logarithmic. So 20 db is 10 times louder than 10 db and 30 is 100 times louder. So if all you’ve ever ran was stock a legal system may sound louder than it is. Good luck !

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Does anyone have experience with the decibel meters that are available as an app for your smartphone? How accurate are they?