Roll call Barber who's going?

Godfather

Well?

JRA;301449 wrote: I wonder if I can remember how to ride a motorcycle.:eek:
John,

Last time I saw you, kinda looked like you had forgotten how to ride at T5 at VIR last OCT?:D

This is just payback for cracking on me when I crashed on my first day in A Group at South in June 13

JRA

You'll never hear me try to act like I don't ever fall down. I'm pretty good at it actually.:D

Godfather

I know!

JRA;301584 wrote: You'll never hear me try to act like I don't ever fall down. I'm pretty good at it actually.:D
I know, I just couldn't let it go!:D

I can't wait to see everyone again! I miss you guys so much.:cool:

bmrboy

Godfather;301562 wrote: John,

Last time I saw you, kinda looked like you had forgotten how to ride at T5 at VIR last OCT?:D

This is just payback for cracking on me when I crashed on my first day in A Group at South in June 13
Yes , I got there just after that .... I hoped that Zelda would cheer you up ..... You do remember ??????? :wow:

steve gould

You guys just love to celebrate failure. You show up in every thread giddy with excitement that someone else might be feeling the same pain you guys did going on four years ago. Quite sad really. I'm sorry for you guys. ...

Teh_K

steve gould;302331 wrote: You guys just love to celebrate failure. You show up in every thread giddy with excitement that someone else might be feeling the same pain you guys did going on four years ago. Quite sad really. I'm sorry for you guys. ...
This thought had occurred to me as well. The SE isn't expecting a pity party, but I don't recall a bunch of us getting in as many jabs as we could when the MW went down.

Misery loves company, I guess.

It's sad to me how the "powers that be" just pulled the plug, while still taking everyone's money, and crawled into oblivion, like a RAT in the city. It would have taken much more of a person to come out and say, "I apologize to the family that has kept this org. breathing over the years, but I have fallen on hard times and can no longer keep the ship afloat. I hope you understand that you are S.O.L. on any monies you have spent, or credits you still have, peace and good luck".

I could have respected that, not liked it, but respected it. As it stands now....time is a great evener.....I can only hope they get theirs !!!!!!!!!!!

stkr

steve gould;302331 wrote: You guys just love to celebrate failure. You show up in every thread giddy with excitement that someone else might be feeling the same pain you guys did going on four years ago. Quite sad really. I'm sorry for you guys. ...
Teh_K;302335 wrote:
This thought had occurred to me as well. The SE isn't expecting a pity party, but I don't recall a bunch of us getting in as many jabs as we could when the MW went down.

Misery loves company, I guess.
We're not "giddy with excitement" about the membership's loss of their region. We are sympathetic to your loss, but I guess we do get some satisfaction in being able to through some cheap shots out there, since Bob Blandford is responsible for both of our losses.

You have to remember that the day we were notified about the Midwest closing, it was the same day that an e-mail went out FROM BOB BLANFORD, about how NESBA was expanding the Southeast region. That was like a slap in the face from Bob. Then, even though we still had active memberships, and had EARNED the title, all of the Midwest Control Riders were stripped of our CR designation. What purpose did that serve? Humiliation? To lose what we had ALL worked so damn hard for, and all that we had given to this club, only to be thrown aside like trash? There was/is a lot of anger towards Bob Blandford and how he treated the midwest region.

I will apologize to the NESBA Membership for my apparent lack of compassion/empathy. I really am sympathetic to your plight. I just took this opportunity to express my pent up frustration and anger towards Bob Blandford and the way he treated us. I should have just started a separate thread titled "Screw You Bob!", but that would have been deleted. Like all of our other threads in the Midwest.

To the NESBA Members and Control Riders: My apologies, and my condolences. I wish you all the best. :cool:

To Bob Blandford: This serves you right for treating the Midwest (and others) like shit. :argh:

j_fuggin_t

I wouldn't go that far, I know I spent thousands if dollars with nesba, stayed loyal & made it a point to ride with my friends. I recall many cr's not having a bit of sympathy and actually poked fun at us when the Midwest shut down over in the cr forum, maybe you can dig up the thread.. I've moved on, but it's comical to me that the nesba brass didn't learn from their mistakes, to that I have no sympathy, there is and always will be a different org to ride with and as many of us have found out, there is still a lot of fun to be had. Feel sorry for us if you may but I could give 0 fucks.. Lol

RADAR Magnet

The MW region shut down not too long after I started doing track days so I never go to ride with those guys. Based on forum activity I always thought it seemed like a healthy region but figured track attendance must have been weak and justified Bob's decision; felt bad for them but figured there was a good reason. Seeing how the SE is going down now makes me reconsider. NESBA was totally viable with good management, particularly in the SE, as PRE is demonstrating. I can understand the MW guys' resentment as I harbor some too. This whole thing is really unfortunate but now it looks like it's time to mourn NESBA for a minute and then look forward to a new club. Hopefully PRE can reclaim what NESBA once was; would be cool to ride with the MW guys at some PRE events.

j_fuggin_t

RADAR Magnet;302343 wrote: The MW region shut down not too long after I started doing track days so I never go to ride with those guys. Based on forum activity I always thought it seemed like a healthy region but figured track attendance must have been weak and justified Bob's decision; felt bad for them but figured there was a good reason. Seeing how the SE is going down now makes me reconsider. NESBA was totally viable with good management, particularly in the SE, as PRE is demonstrating. I can understand the MW guys' resentment as I harbor some too. This whole thing is really unfortunate but now it looks like it's time to mourn NESBA for a minute and then look forward to a new club. Hopefully PRE can reclaim what NESBA once was; would be cool to ride with the MW guys at some PRE events.
I'd like to believe we are quite a fun bunch :) bunch of hillbillies burning gas & tires. I truly feel bad for the innocent, you guys all pay your dues & entry fees & trust that you'll get to enjoy a weekend of fun. Nesba has shot their own foot & there is no one to blame but themselves. As I said "what once was an empire is nothing more than crumbled shambles." I hope you all get your $$ back and get to enjoy the summer on two wheels, I know I will be ;)

Dutch

I remember the first MW event at Putnam. Brian Johnson and I lined up for the first A session by ourselves. I think it was both of our first days in A class. The new CRs were busy getting the event underway and dealing with member questions, leaving Brian and I alone on the track to play for the entire session. What struck me coming away from that event was how genuinely nice all the folks in the MW region were. Members and staff alike.

I was at the first SE event at VIR. Same experience as far as the people.

I remember when I started with the club and we only ran Pocono and Summit. Good people.

Over the years the members and staff made this club what it is / was. They were the reason I aspired to try and become more active with the club, first as a CR and later as the Director of the MA region.

Organizations will come and go unfortunately. But the people are what makes the experience. Someday if I ever make it back to the track I hope to run into all you guys again. Because the people are what make the experience great, not the org. If this org does fold I can't say I will miss it. I may have a twinge of regret thinking of all the long hours on the road and time away from family and friends dedicated to an effort that ultimately failed. But the upside was worth it. The members can still carry the spirit of this org forward and that will be the true legacy. Good luck everyone.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Great post Dutch! Miss seeing you around and hope our paths cross again someday. You're right, it's the people that make it worthwhile, and nesba has a lot of quality folks! Hopefully we'll all find a new "home" and can all ride together again.