Safety wire

Ron R

Ok so I’m running way behind. I ordered a safety wire jig last week thinking I’d get my bike wired for WERA at Pitt next weekend. Jig showed Thursday and I thought things were coming together. Nope , it’s a total hunk O junk and now ship time is not going to work. Long way of asking if any one in MD or northern VA have a jig for rent. Not sure I’ll get it done by Saturday but I’m riding the track day and thought it’d be cool to get some race laps in.
Thanks
Ron

Kruizen

Control Rider
“Jig”???

just start drilling, Either on with the bolt on the Bike or hold The bolt with vice grips.

2blueyam

Good bits (buy more than you think you will need) and cutting oil. Both should be available at your local hardware store.

tdelegram

Control Rider
If you have a drill press it cuts down on broken bits. But vice grips or a bench vice and hand held work too

2blueyam

I have actually used vice grips, C- clamped the vice grips to a board, then C-clamped the board to a table. I really should invest in a bench vice some day.

A good quality punch to get the hole started helps a lot too.

Ron R

Thanks for the input
I ordered a sack of bits yesterday and I’ll get to it when I get back in town. I’ll throw the drill press in the truck if I don’t get done.
thanks
Ron

mpusch

Micah
Ok so I’m running way behind. I ordered a safety wire jig last week thinking I’d get my bike wired for WERA at Pitt next weekend. Jig showed Thursday and I thought things were coming together. Nope , it’s a total hunk O junk and now ship time is not going to work. Long way of asking if any one in MD or northern VA have a jig for rent. Not sure I’ll get it done by Saturday but I’m riding the track day and thought it’d be cool to get some race laps in.
Thanks
Ron

Bring a tube of silicone too. If there's something you missed, tech will usually just tell you to put a dab of it on the bolt head for the day. Then go back and drill it later.