Seat height...

Why would someone raise the seat almost 3 inches on their race/track bike (02 gsxr 600)? When i am on it i almost feel as if i am hovering over it and reaching down to the bars..its not uncomfortable in any way but its certainly different than my 02 gsxr 750.
Over the weekend at njmp CR's suggested 2 things, to get my head down and to stay off the middle of the seat..both of these are more difficult to do on the 600 with the raised seat...wont be difficult to lower the seat height..i just like to have understanding before i make changes to anything..ty everyone

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Can't say I've ever seen a seat raised like that. Some rear ride height, but not the actual seat. Most bikes I've seen have the stock seat or just thin foam depending on the type of tail. If it's easy to do, try it an see if it's better for you.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Might have been a cheap/easy fix if the previous owner was "Big Jim" height and was trying to get some more leg room so his legs weren't as cramped.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I've bought quite a few bikes (professionally built). Some have come with taller seats although the rider was short. Its simply done to change rider position on the bike. I've seen some bikes with foam on the tank just to move the rider back a couple of inches.

ok then..i am going to remove the home made fiberglass riser that bolts to the sub frame..and see which seat height works better for me at this stage of the game...ty everyone...Emerson i like your videos...tell me do the brakes even function on your bike ? Haha

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Also Emerson's bike never rev's below 12K rpms unless it's in the paddock.