Second Time Around

Two Smokers Rule

Hey guys. I used to ride with NESBA in the northeast in the early 2000’s. Fast forward a few years and now I’m back. I have a few questions coming into this riding season. Hopefully you can help. Back then I was riding A group on a 125GP bike. Now I’m on the venerable SV650.
1. Do I need to go through the whole beginner program again?
2. How far out should I register? Is every day sold out?
3. Is lunch provided at the track? Either free or buy? Or should I plan on bringing my own food?
That’s it for now.
Thanks!
Harry Reynolds

Str8_Lurkin

Hey guys. I used to ride with NESBA in the northeast in the early 2000’s. Fast forward a few years and now I’m back. I have a few questions coming into this riding season. Hopefully you can help. Back then I was riding A group on a 125GP bike. Now I’m on the venerable SV650.
1. Do I need to go through the whole beginner program again?
2. How far out should I register? Is every day sold out?
3. Is lunch provided at the track? Either free or buy? Or should I plan on bringing my own food?
That’s it for now.
Thanks!
Harry Reynolds

Welcome back!

1. N2 is very strick on the group criteria. Everyone starts in the beginners group then gets bumped accordingly. I had to through this process a few times myself.

2. Theres typically a discount for early registration which 2 weeks out from each event I believe. If you don't have a membership I encourage you to get one that best fits your needs. Every track is different. For example Pitt Race, NJMP and Vir sellout everytime and quickly. So plan ahead.

3. Lunch isnt provided however, depending on the track there may be vendor onsite. Such as NJMP. Safe bet is bring everything you could possibly need with you to each event. Some location have fast food joints near by that you good grab in the am or during lunch. This is also location dependent as some of these places are more than 20mins from major retail areas.

Again welcome! Use the search function at the top to find other threads of interest.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Harry,

Welcome back. In regards to item #1, we still have your account from NESBA days showing you in advanced group. As long as you register with that account, you will be registered in advance and do not need to start over in novice. If you would prefer to bump down to intermediate or novice you can do that, but know that you would have to get bumped back up by a coach.

I would recommend you contact support@n2td.org about this item if you do want to bump back down or need any help accessing your original account. Just don’t create a new account.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome back! Look forward to riding with you.

Looks like everyone has answered your questions! I always bring lunch, lots of water, electrolytes, chair, canopy.

As far as dinner for the two day events: NJ Motorsports Park has a pub onsite where many of us go for dinner. PittRace is kind out in the middle of nowhere. There are restaurants, but probably 20 mins out at least. Most everyone cooks dinner at the track. Summit has some closer restaurants now. I think you'll find many of us cook and camp at the track!
NJMP also has VIP suites - rooms you can rent on the front straight of the Thunderbolt course, if you want to stay on site but not camp.

Two Smokers Rule

Thanks guys! I can’t wait to get back on track. Took a few years off of track riding and now coming back with a couple of guys from work. I kept telling them to get off the street and onto the track. In doing that, I completely talked MYSELF back on track! .
I used to live in Reading, PA, now I’m in Charlotte, NC. I’m definitely excited to ride some new tracks here in the southeast.
I think Roebling or Kershaw will be my maiden voyage. Bodywork is getting painted this week.
See you guys out there!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard, if you are planning a trek north shoot for Pitt Race, the premier track East of the Mississippi and well worth the drive.

Two Smokers Rule

I ran Beaver Run back when it first opened. I thought it was just awesome on my 125. Just big enough that you didn't get bored on the straights.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
I second what Tim said about PittRace,

Look at NCBIKE (or some call it NCCAR) too, it is near Roanoke Rapids NC.

bmart

Control Rider
NC Bike is a lot better than people give it credit for, and they're making some changes over the winter. I can't wait to run it CCW again...safer this time!

Two Smokers Rule

NCBIKE looks like a lot of fun with all of the long sweepers. I’m really looking forward to riding a new set of tracks in the SE. I must have 2000 miles at Pocono East and Summit Jefferson. I can’t wait to ride Kershaw, Roebling Road, VIR and Road Atlanta. May try to make it to Barber in the fall. Fresh pave job over there. Should be as smooth as a babies bottom. Until those jerks in IndyCar get there. (Oops, that’s me)

tdelegram

Control Rider
Sounds like a good mix of tracks, NC Bike is a great course, lots of long turns to work on body position and throttle steering, only thing it’s missing is some elevation.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
NCBIKE looks like a lot of fun with all of the long sweepers. I’m really looking forward to riding a new set of tracks in the SE. I must have 2000 miles at Pocono East and Summit Jefferson. I can’t wait to ride Kershaw, Roebling Road, VIR and Road Atlanta. May try to make it to Barber in the fall. Fresh pave job over there. Should be as smooth as a babies bottom. Until those jerks in IndyCar get there. (Oops, that’s me)
Welcome back, Harry! You will enjoy Roebling and CMP. NCBike is a lot of fun as well, and they are making some track modification and improvements for this upcoming year. As the other's said, make sure you put PittRace on that list. BeaveRun (as you probably remember it) was a lot of fun but now it's a 2.8 mile, 19 corner roller coaster with modern facilities. No longer a secluded track with a gravel paddock. It's had just a few upgrades over the years, LOL. Here is a link to the satellite imagery. https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...0b8468bfd5a10f!8m2!3d40.8881184!4d-80.3381195

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
NC Bike is a lot better than people give it credit for, and they're making some changes over the winter. I can't wait to run it CCW again...safer this time!
Although I haven't there in about 3 years I absolutely love the NC Bike course. Definitely going to make it there this year for sure.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I didn't see NJMP on your list, I'm sure it's an oversight. :D

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
NcBike is great for spectators too. One of the few tracks you can see the whole track. Also NCBike was built as a test track so it has elements of all tracks, minus any big elevation changes.