SED @ NJMP or Summit Main

Fastguy

Now that the 2011 schedule is currently being compiled, would it be possible to consider the idea of an SED at NJMP or Summit Main?

Watch out for the "water hazard" in T1 @ Summit!! Just heard about it yesterday. Either way, I'm there. I'll sell the Les paul if I have to. Well. Maybe not the Les Paul. i'll sll something.

fitz

A Summit Main SED is never going to happen.

It's not easy to get a Summit Main weekend; most orgs can't, there are only so many weekends to go around, we are fortunate to get a couple (thanks directors). And the two we do have will most likely be sold out in all groups so it's unlikely they will turn such a high turnout weekend into an SED.

I would love to be proven wrong though, a Summit SED would indeed be awesome.

fitz

Mikey75702

If I am not mistaken, the mid Atlantic had 2 sed's to choose from in the last couple of years..... vir, and beaverrun. I would be happy with either of those especially if they are on a weekend.

fitz

Mikey75702;179109 wrote: If I am not mistaken, the mid Atlantic had 2 sed's to choose from in the last couple of years..... vir, and beaverrun. I would be happy with either of those especially if they are on a weekend.
8-13,14 at the Beav I betcha!

Get your bump to I by then and we will tear up the track together......till I pass out. :)

fitz

Mikey75702

fitz;179115 wrote: 8-13,14 at the Beav I betcha!

Get your bump to I by then and we will tear up the track together......till I pass out. :)

fitz
Yeah. My buddy and i can ride together if i get to I group as well. If not, guess i will just have to do the sed in B. Thanks for the invite, hopefully I can make it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
fitz;179104 wrote: A Summit Main SED is never going to happen.

It's not easy to get a Summit Main weekend; most orgs can't, there are only so many weekends to go around, we are fortunate to get a couple (thanks directors). And the two we do have will most likely be sold out in all groups so it's unlikely they will turn such a high turnout weekend into an SED.

I would love to be proven wrong though, a Summit SED would indeed be awesome.

fitz
Agree, Summit Main would be unlikely. Maybe Jefferson.

I also think NJMP Thunderbolt is unlikely. Maybe Lightning.

I love SEDs (or should I say SED days just for you, fitz??) If there's one at a Mid-Atlantic track, I'll make every effort to attend! The Beave works fine, too! :D

kawaholic

Mikey75702;179196 wrote: Yeah. My buddy and i can ride together if i get to I group as well. If not, guess i will just have to do the sed in B. Thanks for the invite, hopefully I can make it.
so the sed (day):D is for both b and i groups or are they on different days?

JohnS

They are on different days there is an I day and a B day, which is why I hope they don't happen at June VIR or Beaver in Aug. Those are the only 2 day events I can make it to this year, as a matter of fact I am already signed up.

I will not drive that far for 1 day events SED or not. I know my problem. just sayin.

kawaholic

JohnS;179250 wrote: They are on different days there is an I day and a B day, which is why I hope they don't happen at June VIR or Beaver in Aug. Those are the only 2 day events I can make it to this year, as a matter of fact I am already signed up.

I will not drive that far for 1 day events SED or not. I know my problem. just sayin.
i hear ya on the one day drive. i,m already signed up for vir in june too. that's just a 2 hr ride for me but i don't want to lose that second day.

i thought the sed's are usually on a weekday?

fitz

kawaholic;179255 wrote: i thought the sed's are usually on a weekday?
I personally have never seen one on a weekday. But I'd do it if they offered it for sure, you would think it would be a little cheaper too.

fitz

kawaholic

fitz;179258 wrote: I personally have never seen one on a weekday. But I'd do it if they offered it for sure, you would think it would be a little cheaper too.

fitz
i'm going by memory here so there's no telling if i'm close or not. i remember seeing one last year, after it happened of course...i THINK it was on vir-north and i THOUGHT it was a monday...:dunno:

fitz;179260 wrote:
:argh:

btw I'm taking names...
:haha:

fitz

Looking back on last year’s calendar the SEDs were July 31 and Aug 1 at Putnum and August 14 -15 at the Beav, both on weekends. If they had any others it's not marked and I don't remember them having any because I would have considered it, :dunno: like others here I study all dates pretty closely so I can figure out how to get to the track. I've found just getting there all very much a strategy, but I digress.

Two years ago they did have one at VIR, I didn't think it was a week day, but I could be wrong. :dunno:

fitz