Silly question... maybe. About puck sliders!

Typicalgreaser

i know this isnt exactly "tech" related, but rather gear related. I purchased a pair of Woodcraft Klucky Pucks last year and I really do enjoy the way they held up... However, the hook and loop velcro is SO strong, I'm afraid of pulling the pad and stitching off my suit!

Any recommendations on good sliders for cost? i maintain my suit pretty religiously. Steam it and clean it after every track weekend, condition it, etc. I dont really want a set of knee pucks causing me to prematurely destroy the velcro backing because they stick TOO well...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I really like the ones from Bickle Racing in Canada. They stick pretty good too, but not as hard as the Woodcraft, with a similar feel. I carefully slide a large screwdriver under them to get them off. Haven't ruined any velcro...yet!

tdelegram

Control Rider
i know this isnt exactly "tech" related, but rather gear related. I purchased a pair of Woodcraft Klucky Pucks last year and I really do enjoy the way they held up... However, the hook and loop velcro is SO strong, I'm afraid of pulling the pad and stitching off my suit!

Any recommendations on good sliders for cost? i maintain my suit pretty religiously. Steam it and clean it after every track weekend, condition it, etc. I dont really want a set of knee pucks causing me to prematurely destroy the velcro backing because they stick TOO well...
I am lucky to move mine once or twice a season, even cleaning not sure why you would remove them? I prefer that they stick extra I have had other blow off.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
You're already using some of the good ones imo. How often are you taking your pucks off? I take mine off once a season when I send my suit out to get cleaned. If your excuse is I burn through pucks buy some woodcraft rains and get back to me...

Typicalgreaser

I tend to be a bit meticulous with things. I hardly ever remove them until it's time to replace, but when I switched them from left to right 2 weeks ago at pitt because they were getting pretty low, I was like "shewwwwie these things are GLUED" the staples in the puck gave out when peeling the velcro...

I just wanted to see how long it took me to burn them down... here we are year 3 and not 1/2 through them.
Maybe rain pucks are the move... after all, the MotoGP guys use them all season, right?

LesPow

Control Rider
"I carefully slide a large screwdriver under them to get them off. Haven't ruined any velcro...yet!" - Hondagaltoo.

That's the technique, and better to have them on too tight than being a projectile at miles per hr.

Also stop dragging knee so much slow poke! Haha

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
I've also lost a puck on track. Pretty sure it almost hit Farrell coming down the hill on the back straight at PIRC. Was weird riding around without a puck. Flashforward a year and a half after that happened was talking to some of the Pitt Race staff up in the north garages one night and they found my green knee puck from that incident and returned it to me. What are the odds lol.