Some yec kits for sale r1 r6

racedezert

I recently bought a wrecked 07 R1 with fresh rebuild on the engine and clutch. The bike came with a 07 YEC ECU. The previous owner had purchased the ECU direct from YEC but not being the brightest of individuals did not realize the patch cable was needed along with wiring harness mods. (He thought it was "plug-n-play" and that tuning adjustments were done wirelessly from his laptop. :D

I bought the bike to pull the engine and put into an off road race car project that I am building. So I've learned that I need a few things that I am missing to get the YEC ECU to function in my race car.

I have the stock ECU and Stock Harness as well.

I am also parting out a lot of the bike too.

Keeping the front suspension and rear for a hybrid cafe racer project :)
I am a fabricator by trade and finishing some long overdue projects with my new parts!

I don't need the ECU but am interested in the patch cable and the wiring harness modification instructions to get the ECU tuning functioning correctly, and talking to the dash. Can you get me some info on what you might be able to provide towards this goal.

Let me know,
Thanks

jetpipe

Renodezrat;226518 wrote: I know it's an old thread but I'm going to give it a try I bet it's a long shot. Jetpipe- Do you still have an ecu set up for an 08 R6? If so please email me.

Thanks, Mike
mjnashnh@yahoo.com
dark nater;226537 wrote:
Shoot me a PM for the cost of an '09 R6...
absolutely...you'll be contacted as requested!

jetpipe

Always available R1 2007-2008 R1 2009-2011 and R6s 2003-2008 and R6R 2006-2011 ......now full 2012 lineup available!

2ndChapter

DeathDealer;152829 wrote: I am interested in this setup for my 2007 R6. I currently have a PC III, IM and Quick Shift. From what I understand I don't need this anymore with the YEC Kit? How can I keep my quick shifter or add one to this kit. Can you let me know the price for my bike and whats included? Thanks.
Same question... I have same bike with pcIII looking for quick shifter and IM... How might the yec help...

Pm me updated price and any info thanks in advance...

jetpipe

Ignition and qs are embedded in YEC...you do not need any additional module...I would get rid of the PCII too.
You also have some restrictions on your OEM ECU thetPCII cannot eliminate.
With YEC you also have adjustable REV limiter up to +1000 rpm....and really...much more!!!

R-R-Rx7

Sorry for resurrecting the old thread but
Jetpipe,
i tried to contact you on your email a few times but never got answer.

I hoped i could find you here

i am interested in a reflash of an 09 r1 ecu

z064life

Guys, I want to clarify for you...

1) This is a reflash and is in no way connected to Yamaha or YEC. I'm shocked that Yamaha hasn't gone after this.
2) It is ENTIRELY FALSE to say the YEC ECU will not run lights/blinkers, etc. The only thing the YEC does that is undesireable for street riding is it does not transmit the speed to the dash. With an aftermarket dash the speed can be displayed which comes FROM the ECU
3) Assuming you don't care about speed on your dash, you can take a YEC ECU and plug it straight into the standard harness and everything will work. You will want a bazzaz or PC to adjust fueling though for sure.

I won't go into if there are differences or not in them only that Graves states there are. I haven't used the flashed version so I can't tell you, but I have used the YEC ECU.