Sport Touring Tires on Track

BigBird

Hey Folks.

It's been some time, and I might be making a comeback soon..was wondering if a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts would be ok for a very slow B group pace that I probably will running on my 650.

-BigBird

BigBird

Hey Dan!

Yeah..that's what I thought...let's hope i can get there now :D

Congrats again on the bumpity bump!

wutsup

I ran Michelin Pilot Road 2's for my first trackday at Summit Point Main a few weeks ago and they felt fine. Of course I was one of the slower ones in Beginner Group so I guess I wasn't really pushing it. I plan on running them again on the 23rd and then get some sportier tires next year.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Just be careful with the throttle as you come up to speed. I put a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's on my R1 for a recent rally I went to. I could easily make them spin up with a little too much throttle....

FZ1guy

I have been running PR3's on the track (and street) lately. They are fine. They got a little squirrley at Little Tally, but in a fun way.

bmrboy

DUNLOP ... Q2 , Q3 are excellent tires .... But the better you get , the better tire's you'll need .... :agree:

Dunlop GP-211's pricing is stupid cheap , real track tires = real fun !!!!!!!!! :wow:

BigBird

i ended up buying Q3s before I went out and even though I'm slow, i never really worried about them...that's a good thing. Q3s >>Q2s ;)

FWIW Pilot Power 2CT's worked very well for me at NCBike (on a literbike, B group, mid to upper pack pace). Not a single twitch all day.