Stoked for CMP 8/28-8/29

bmart

Control Rider
Weather looks perfect! Get a garage to share for some shade or being a canopy. Be sure to start hydrating a few days prior. Look forward to seeing everyone.

StickMan74

Weather looks perfect! Get a garage to share for some shade or being a canopy. Be sure to start hydrating a few days prior. Look forward to seeing everyone.
Absolutely looking forward to this one. First time rolling with N2. Dang tire warmers won't be in in time for it though.

Sent from my T770B using Tapatalk

StickMan74

Oh, and I'm getting a garage space, but have a 10x10 canopy I can bring if anyone needs to borrow one. Just let me know.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I'm going to be there both days, but I'm not a huge CMP fan. I mean, you have to speed up, slow down, turn left, turn right ... it's like the track can't make up it's own mind! It's all very schizophrenic.

Just kidding! I love CMP. Can't wait to get rolling.

StickMan74

SO YOU'RE THE PERSON THAT STOLE GARAGE #1 - RIGHT OUT FROM UNDER US! :mad:

j/k, see you Saturday. :)
Haha, actually, I'm sharing the garage with the guy that stole it out from under you, lol. See ya Saturday, I'll be the guy on the old red 900-RR Honder.

Stickboy274

Tire Guy
1 slick front/2 GPA rears for $355 this weekend at CMP

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
While this deal isn't nearly as good as Stickboy's, if anyone wants a great deal on a sticky set of tires that don't need warmers let me know!

Stickboy274

Tire Guy
1 slick front/2 GPA rears for $355 this weekend at CMP

I forgot to add, this deal can be used with Q3+/4 fronts also.

StickMan74

Garages 1-2-3...nice. Really looking forward to riding with you guys. Anyone have any specific skills they're planning to work on?
For me, I'm looking to dial in a little more from the track day I did there in July. I've got a lot of laps around CMP from back in the day, but just want to keep improving from last month. Anyone here good with suspension? I could use some help setting mine up a little better. I use to be pretty decent with it, 20 years ago, lol.

bmart

Control Rider
My bikes are 2003s...so in the ballpark.

Suspension setup is a bit personal. I generally like my bike set up on the front end (geometry) and a bit loose. I'm light weight and have minimal muscle mass, not to mention some medical stuff to work around. I need to be able to crawl around the bike instead of using muscle to get the bike to change trajectory. I recently tightened the rear shock on each bike and have gone slower...and had more bike movement than before the change.

Old school rules are ~1 second to compress and ~2 to rebound. This is first step info, not last step, but it'll get you in the ball park. For sag, front 30mm-35mm and rear 25mm-30mm. Again, ballpark.

I'm happy to help get you in that ballpark if you would like the assistance and can bring whatever tooks are needed for your bike. You can make smaller changes throughout the day and determine a good base for you and your bike.

There may be a suspension guy on site also.