Stoked for CMP 8/28-8/29

StickMan74

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't have the "proper" tool for an Ohlins rear, so hammer and screwdriver will have to suffice, lol.

Sent from my T770B using Tapatalk

tdelegram

Control Rider
I thin triple T suspension will be there doing set ups and fine tuning. Best advice about suspension is, you don’t know how good it can be until you ride something better. Mark your base line setting down and make changes to see how they impact you and bike, take note to refer back to. Also try to be clear in what the bike is or isnt dong, saying it doesn’t feel right versus it won’t enter or finish a turn, or it runs wide on exit, or its not stable at apex are comments that can result in actions to the suspension tuning.

StickMan74

Absolutely @tdelegram. I had a shagged out stocker, and went to an Ohlins, but haven't set it up so to speak. If anyone has a tool that will work with a double collar like the Ohlins has that I could borrow for a few , I would really appreciate it.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I will have the Ohlins tools for the shock on my SV with me. I assume it's the same tools you need and you're welcome to borrow them.

My SV suspension needs some work too. It's set up for 200lbs but I'm 250 with gear. Having said that, except for the fact that it's a bit squooshy, it felt pretty good at CMP a few weeks ago.

dhelsley22

I'm a little disappointed that I can't make it this weekend, been waiting all year to get back out to CMP and I start my new job and get put on call the first weekend. I'm sure you'll all tear it up out there, be safe and have fun guys. I might try and make NCBIKE now, but no promises.

For me, I'm looking to dial in a little more from the track day I did there in July. I've got a lot of laps around CMP from back in the day, but just want to keep improving from last month. Anyone here good with suspension? I could use some help setting mine up a little better. I use to be pretty decent with it, 20 years ago, lol.

Kendall from Triple T should be there. I have some parts to drop off for him. If he's not there, I just scored big.

Yesterday was a blast, even though it was a thousand degrees outside. First time I've ever blown through a rear in one day. And someone said CMP was easy on tires. I laugh.

StickMan74

Had a great time myself. Old 900 did well, and Alex gave me some pointers on 4-7. All in all, a safe and great day.

bmart

Control Rider
Folks,

I had a blast with you all last weekend. I got in only 320 miles...but who is counting?!?!

Videos are slowly being loaded to my site. Feel free to have a look, like, subscribe, or add a comment there or here.

B-rad's Adventures

Track days are a friggin'/frackin' hoot...

No explanation why my camera filmed 20 seconds upside down!

1630600728134.png

Last edited: