Suit rental?

Typicalgreaser

Have a friend interested in doing a track day for the first time at PIRC in October. Are there rental suits available? He’s a bigger guy, about 5’10 230lbs. This would be his first TD and I heard there is a beginner course for new riders? Can someone enlighten me?

Motofun352

Control Rider
Don't know about suit rentals anymore. Regarding a "course" for new riders....Just how new is he? He should have a firm grasp of all the basic controls before signing up for a track day. This isn't the place for learning how to use the clutch. He should be completely comfortable on the bike and in using it's controls...ie second nature.
Assuming that's the condition, We regularly take "never on the track" folks out for their first taste of track riding. The goal here is safety and basic fundamentals.

tdelegram

Control Rider
There’s not really a beginner course, if he can’t ride proficiently on the street I would recommend he wait. If he checks the proficient street rider box, send an email to support@n2td.org about a suit rental. Since COVID we have not been renting suits but that might have changed.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
We've been waiting on our vendor to ship our northern rental suits all year. Unfortunately we have not been taking reservations for suit rentals for tracks north of VIR.

Typicalgreaser

I'll be and I have a suit that should fit him to borrow. We are about the same dimensions.
bmart, thanks. i will let him know hes got a guy willing to let him borrow.... until then, i will have to get together with him on a street ride and observe if he's got the fundamentals down.

i know for certain that he's been on and off bikes for years on the street, but that doesnt mean jack in my book...