Summit Main 8/26 I-Group Crash

withoutequal

I'm just glad i missed you guys. I didn't know I was so close to tony when he was tumbling. I was like LOOK AWAY! Hope you are healing well!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
crashkhanman;287383 wrote:
Is it true NESBA allowed Coleman participants to sign-up in any group they felt like? Yes, according to Coleman's website, so I would assume so unless someone in authority with nesba can state otherwise.If signing up through NESBA...can you sign up for any group? Nope, the usual, can't sign up directly into A without a current expert race license. Something I totally agree with, BTW. I like nesba's bump system. They should keep the same rules in place for these dealer days, IMHO
See my answers, to the best of my knowledge, in red above.

Sorry you got caught up in another's mistake. Hope you're doing well.

madmanr1

HondaGalToo;287454 wrote: See my answers, to the best of my knowledge, in red above.
Might be the reason for the rampant squidliness in this vid
Not by the OP and victim of the crash
At 8:26 I think, at the end of the straight...wow :eek:
And the Busa unable to hold a line in the turns :dunno:
But that's I group for ya...the most dangerous group out there.

R1Baby

Control Rider
The one thing I did not like seeing was the CR on the yellow bike, (don't believe it was a NESBA CR) never turned around for more than two laps to see what was going on behind him. And then cuts across the track to pit out without signaling. This is always stressed at the riders meeting and it does not matter who or what group you ride in, this is for everyone's safety. I am still amazed how often this rule is overlooked. And then I always heard the excuse, "I did not know that". Sad, isn't it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, to add to the confusion, I heard Coleman brought their own "CRs" to help out. Don't think that will happen again. But all my info is hearsay.

withoutequal;287452 wrote: I'm just glad i missed you guys. I didn't know I was so close to tony when he was tumbling. I was like LOOK AWAY! Hope you are healing well!
You would have had to go through a wall of bikes to get to me out in the field lol Glad you avoided Tony!

HondaGalToo;287454 wrote: See my answers, to the best of my knowledge, in red above.

Sorry you got caught up in another's mistake. Hope you're doing well.
Thanks Judy...I hope someone can confirm this. Can a new Nesbian go straight to I group or is it B for everyone?

RADAR Magnet;287459 wrote:
Talk about unlucky. Hopefully you and the bike are ok.
Thanks! Broken Left Hand, Broken Rib, Separated AC shoulder joint. Doc is saying I'm out for the rest of the season :( .

Bike did pretty good: Sheared the steering stop off and pushed the right fork tube back into the frame. Minor Frame damage. Will make for the perfect dedicated track bike for next season!

madmanr1;287465 wrote: Might be the reason for the rampant squidliness in this vid
Not by the OP and victim of the crash
At 6
:26 I think, at the end of the straight...wow :eek:
And the Busa unable to hold a line in the turns :dunno:
But that's I group for ya...the most dangerous group out there.
Fixed and both of those could have gotten real ugly real quick!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
crashkhanman;287523 wrote:

Thanks Judy...I hope someone can confirm this. Can a new Nesbian go straight to I group or is it B for everyone?
A new person signing up to ride with nesba for the first time, through nesba's website, may register for B or I. They cannot register for A unless they hold a current expert level race license.

Way back when, folks had to sign up in B first. As trackdays became more prevalent, they adjusted accordingly. My assumption is that they did so because someone could have been riding with another org for years prior to trying nesba. A person riding with nesba for the first time has been able to sign up for B or I since at least 2007.

jsin38

Kevin,

I've seen you and your bike at Summit a few times this Summer and it really sucks to see that lovely RSV4 get taken out like that. I made the mistake of watching that video before going to bed. Nightmares! That was my second dealer associated day with Nesba this year and it was really hard to get a rhythm going.

Heal up, sir. I owned an RSV4 for a while and loved it but the 2010 model had a few "teething pains" that I wasn't willing to put up with so I sold it. I kick myself for that on occasion but you're not a motorcyclist until you have a "one that got away" story.

erichmond

Kevin, sorry to hear about your crash. When I was talking to you at Shenny on Saturday 8/24 I was really wishing I could join you guys at Main on the 26th. From what I've heard, I'm kinda glad work got in the way of that one. Heal up quick and get that Italian beauty ready to ride again! Cheers, Ed

jsin38;287607 wrote: Kevin,

I've seen you and your bike at Summit a few times this Summer and it really sucks to see that lovely RSV4 get taken out like that. I made the mistake of watching that video before going to bed. Nightmares! That was my second dealer associated day with Nesba this year and it was really hard to get a rhythm going.

Heal up, sir. I owned an RSV4 for a while and loved it but the 2010 model had a few "teething pains" that I wasn't willing to put up with so I sold it. I kick myself for that on occasion but you're not a motorcyclist until you have a "one that got away" story.
Next time stop by and say hey in the pits :) Nightmares :agree: I wonder if the '10s are settling in now with the new maps/recalls. Unless some protocols change during these Dealer Days....I may just have to let work get in the way of them next season.

erichmond;287627 wrote:
Kevin, sorry to hear about your crash. When I was talking to you at Shenny on Saturday 8/24 I was really wishing I could join you guys at Main on the 26th. From what I've heard, I'm kinda glad work got in the way of that one. Heal up quick and get that Italian beauty ready to ride again! Cheers, Ed
Ed, nice catching up and talking with you Saturday! Always glad to see as many people enjoying Shenny as possible :) Things were running smooth out there! Sunday morning sessions were a blast for me.

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Its this community of riders such as yourselves and CRs that make it easy to come play around in the pits for the remainder of the season and back better than before for next season :D

jsin38

Yeah, I gotta get out of my pit once in a while and socialize more :)

My usual deal is come off track, look the bike over for leaks and loose parts, and hydrate/feed myself. That last part can easily be done in someone else's pit.

ritelite77

Man, very unlucky indeed. Hope all is well. Must have a cursed day the #44....i ran out of talent in T5 after outbreakin myself...stupid lapse of focus. Hell i was pretty much doin parade laps cuz of all the traffic/crazy moves that were happening and i still threw her away. get her all fixed up and see ya out there next year.

ritelite77;292066 wrote: Man, very unlucky indeed. Hope all is well. Must have a cursed day the #44....i ran out of talent in T5 after outbreakin myself...stupid lapse of focus. Hell i was pretty much doin parade laps cuz of all the traffic/crazy moves that were happening and i still threw her away. get her all fixed up and see ya out there next year.
Thanks Reed! I hope your rebuild is going smoothly! I'm feeling a lot better and really think I'll be able to do a light day here at the end of the month :D ..See you back out there!

Greg A

Hi all I posted once before about some of what's been posted here and I would like to try and clear up some of it up. My name is Greg and I am the Shop Foreman at Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge. I am also one of our CR's I ride the # 63 red black and white GSXR I started racing at Summit in 1991.
Yes we brought some CR's to help, 5 on our first day in June and 9 in August . All of them are racers with 100s of wins between us and even a former lap record holder and have been instructors for road racing schools and have been doing it longer than some of them would want to admit. We would never bring unsafe riders to a track day, they were not just some yahoos.
Bob with NESBA was very happy with our guys the first day and asked if we could bring them again or more so we did. The June day I don't feel we had enough CR's and barley had enough in August. The all yellow bike guy was not ours.
No you could not just sign up where you wanted we had just a handful of guys in the I group both days and they all had track time and all but one was already an NESBA I group rider and he did just fine. We have the rule book and even had seminars so we could talk to people away from the track where they could absorb it more.
Yes we had problems with slow riders and way to many people in I group, since I rode almost every group I can say on the august day the B group went faster since we didn't have as many in it with adding the E group.
I know a lot of people didn't like having 4 groups at first but it did help. I don't make the rules but did talk on the phone to Bob and a bunch at the track. I think what we should do for the next one is 2 I groups and just a B group. At least from what I saw at Summit. The I guys are trying to get faster where the others are more just learning the right way to ride. Bob will have to make that call.
I know it shortens the sessions but saves tons of time if you can cut down on crashes.
We are planning on doing a bunch of days next year and want to make it better for everybody, with the economy the way it is sure seems better to try and team up so the days don't get canceled due to attendance. Some of our days won't be with NESBA since we will be sponsored by, Kawasaki , Honda, Suzuki, and Ducati. But our Yamaha days will be with NESBA.
We are there to make it fun and grow the sport not ruin it, anytime you add that many people to a event, we brought 60ish in June and 50ish in Aug. there will have to be adjustments made and I'm sure we can do it.

Thanks, Greg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks Greg. When I looked at your website, it certainly appeared that you could sign up for B, I, or A. I of course didn't actually try to register, but it sure appeared you could select whatever group you wished. Seems like that wasn't the case, from what you're saying, but can you explain how your sign up through your website works? How you would prevent someone from signing up in A?

Spork

Greg A;292291 wrote: Hi all I posted once before about some of what's been posted here and I would like to try and clear up some of it up. My name is Greg and I am the Shop Foreman at Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge. I am also one of our CR's I ride the # 63 red black and white GSXR I started racing at Summit in 1991.
Yes we brought some CR's to help, 5 on our first day in June and 9 in August . All of them are racers with 100s of wins between us and even a former lap record holder and have been instructors for road racing schools and have been doing it longer than some of them would want to admit. We would never bring unsafe riders to a track day, they were not just some yahoos.
Bob with NESBA was very happy with our guys the first day and asked if we could bring them again or more so we did. The June day I don't feel we had enough CR's and barley had enough in August. The all yellow bike guy was not ours.
No you could not just sign up where you wanted we had just a handful of guys in the I group both days and they all had track time and all but one was already an NESBA I group rider and he did just fine. We have the rule book and even had seminars so we could talk to people away from the track where they could absorb it more.
Yes we had problems with slow riders and way to many people in I group, since I rode almost every group I can say on the august day the B group went faster since we didn't have as many in it with adding the E group.
I know a lot of people didn't like having 4 groups at first but it did help. I don't make the rules but did talk on the phone to Bob and a bunch at the track. I think what we should do for the next one is 2 I groups and just a B group. At least from what I saw at Summit. The I guys are trying to get faster where the others are more just learning the right way to ride. Bob will have to make that call.
I know it shortens the sessions but saves tons of time if you can cut down on crashes.
We are planning on doing a bunch of days next year and want to make it better for everybody, with the economy the way it is sure seems better to try and team up so the days don't get canceled due to attendance. Some of our days won't be with NESBA since we will be sponsored by, Kawasaki , Honda, Suzuki, and Ducati. But our Yamaha days will be with NESBA.
We are there to make it fun and grow the sport not ruin it, anytime you add that many people to a event, we brought 60ish in June and 50ish in Aug. there will have to be adjustments made and I'm sure we can do it.

Thanks, Greg
I can't say were they came from , but There were many riders not belonging in I group that day . There are normally some rolling weeble wobble road blocks in I group , but that day they were everywhere . IF your parking the bike in turns 1,3,5,6,10 go back to B group .