Summit Main on 8/6

gcally

Greg Callahan #11
Who all is going to Summit on 8/6?
I am signed up.... From what I hear the pavement is real nice....

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'd like to..but the R1's not at home...I'll get her back at Pittsburgh.

It's getting a new toy.

Myers

Control Rider
:(...since this is am evolve day I get to be head E3 slow poke...;)...

Trying to figure out how to make it down there Sunday night.... should that happen... ill take the lead on being the slow poke guy :)...Ima keep working on the plan this weekend.... DONT count me out just yet!

Last edited:

gcally

Greg Callahan #11
So.... Track surface was awesome but man it was really packed in the Advanced class. Does Evolve have the same guide lines as N2 with how many people they let on the track.
This is just an opinion but it felt like there were some people in the Advanced group that really should have been in the intermediate group.

tdelegram

Control Rider
They run e3 and e4 together and I don’t know their grading but I am an e3 and so are most of our I riders. Not sure it matter 3 or 4 matters but their groups tend to be slower, I don’t feel like they have the same attention to safety either.

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Yep...I am e3...which tells you something...as I am head slow poke...but the e2 group is like a fast novice.

You should have seen the "riders meeting" Monday...absolute chaos....someone should really talk with them about that...I mean they forgot to talk about pit in and out procedures, they had to announce it over the loud speakers...and they ran over into the beginning of the first session of the day...

CBRtist

Just presenting facts as they were related to me, but a mid-to-top “I” rider with N2 that Monday was told he was going to be put in E2. He had a new bike, so did not have his E3 sticker. Funny thing is that when he did ride with Evolve in the past 2 years, it was in E3 because obviously they bumped him. He just figured that would be in their system.

This was explained extensively to reg guy, but he was adamant and showed him his name in the system. Then stated that N2’s “I” is equivalent to their E2.

Said rider decided not to press, and since it was a new-to-him bike, made the best of it and used his E2 time to get familiar with the bike.

Not sure if this is a glitch in the system in regards to how things transfer over. Hey, it happens. If so, I hope it’s rectified soon.

I have my own story regarding trying to (and eventually) getting bumped to the group that was running my skill level. I definitely respect not bumping people who have higher expectations of themselves than the reality. I just wouldn’t want any good rider becoming resentful of any organization because of an unfounded placement in a group or a glitch. It can really put a damper on someone’s day :(

That being said, no one organization can be perfect in every regard every event. We all do the best we can with what we have.

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Funny story...I got bumped to e3 last year...I have a evolve account, that says e3...I have an e3 sticker on my bike...they tried to put me in e2 on Monday because of my N2 I sticker.....I wasn't having any of that...So when I told them to pull up my evolve account, they finally said eh ok...

They need to actually bump folks to 4...and actually have an advanced group....

Jonzee

The few times I rode with Evolve, it just felt like a circus. As a TPM-er coming over to ride with N2 and Evolve, I can tell you that these are not the same clubs. No offense to anyone, but the Evolve dates are just complete chaos and I don't understand why people rave about them. I guess it is because they like to make people feel good about themselves with bs vs actually training them on a motorcycle. N2 seems like a well oiled machine while Evolve seems to be a clown car with the wheels about to fall off.

Every time I lined up for tech, they would look at my bike with an N2 I sticker and an E3 sticker and served with some snippy remark about N2. Both times, they told me they needed to put the E3 sticker over the N2 I sticker so the corner workers would not get confused. This was after they tried to put me back in E2. Wow.

Their riders meeting are a complete joke (and didn't even start on time), no cones on the track and the riders in general were no where near the same groupings with N2. I am not a rocket out there but I've done 20 track days over two years and I just felt unsafe in their groups. You could not even make a clean pass in E3 since the riders were so unpredictable. The mapping between N2 and Evolve groups is noticeable to everyone except Evolve coaches.

When I complained about some of these things, the guy Mark with the glasses told me that these problems would go away if I created an account with Evolve and rode with them. I told him I am quite happy where I am - thank you.