Summit Point 4/29-4/30 ROLL CALL

sSalopek

Control Rider
Director
Ok guys (and girls) we are only a little over a week out until our SEASON OPENER at Summit Point Raceway! I know I will be there both days. Who else is coming out with us to brush off the winter dust??

Gates will be open Saturday 4/28 @ 6pm for anybody riding Shenandoah with us.

Schedule will be the same as always -

Tech and Registration will open at 7am and will close at 8am followed by the mandatory morning riders meeting at 8:15am.

Track will go hot at 9am with the Advanced group.

We will be able to move over to Summit Point Main after 6pm on Sunday evening. We will also be doing a "Pizza Party" instead of a cook-out since we have to load up and move everything. Everybody is invited just come hang out under the big N2 Canopy at Main.... It is however BYOB.

Also we will be giving away raffle tickets at registration and will draw a winner for a free trackday during the morning riders meetings so make sure you get through tech and reg before 8am and are at the meeting by 8:15 to qualify.

Can't wait to see everyone there!!

2blueyam

Ill be there monday at main. New pavement is nice, rode it earlier this month. Cant wait.

So how bad is it finding new reference points? All those patches made great reference points.

I might be there Sunday. Work is trying to get in the way, but they might not need me for it. There is also still plenty to do to get the bike ready as well.

YOLOrider87

So how bad is it finding new reference points? All those patches made great reference points.

I might be there Sunday. Work is trying to get in the way, but they might not need me for it. There is also still plenty to do to get the bike ready as well.

It took a cpl laps, but all the patch work is gone and now one smooth surface, the owner stated it is the most extensive repavement job he’s done to the track to date. The drainage system is much better, turn 10 has more camber. They sprayed the orange dots on the ground which were also on the older pavement & helped me with reference points. I rode when temps were just at or about 60 degrees, the morning sessions track was cold so took it easy, felt some slip on turn 3 & 5 by the afternoon track felt awesome.

2blueyam

It took a cpl laps, but all the patch work is gone and now one smooth surface, the owner stated it is the most extensive repavement job he’s done to the track to date. The drainage system is much better, turn 10 has more camber. They sprayed the orange dots on the ground which were also on the older pavement & helped me with reference points. I rode when temps were just at or about 60 degrees, the morning sessions track was cold so took it easy, felt some slip on turn 3 & 5 by the afternoon track felt awesome.
lol. Thanks, I was mostly joking about the reference points. I knew it would be a easier than learning a new track. I was pretty sure it would even easier than riding a track on a borrowed supersport SV650 when I used to ride that track on an R1 all the time, although not in 6 years. Lets just say I had a couple of embarrassing moments of hitting the brakes way too early for turn 7 at BHF. :oops:

YOLOrider87

Sounds like my first time at main, you would think i saw a groundhog run across the track and would hit brakes way too early down the main straight.

AMcAdoo

I'm thinking about doing both, have yet to book though. The only thing for me is going to be the weather, all of the track days I have done so far have been in 80-90 degree temps and full sun, how is rideability on temps like the mid 60's and cloudy like the forecasts are saying? I know its still a bit far off for forecasts to be accurate, but thoughts? It's really the only thing keeping me from buying now.

YOLOrider87

I'm thinking about doing both, have yet to book though. The only thing for me is going to be the weather, all of the track days I have done so far have been in 80-90 degree temps and full sun, how is rideability on temps like the mid 60's and cloudy like the forecasts are saying? I know its still a bit far off for forecasts to be accurate, but thoughts? It's really the only thing keeping me from buying now.

60s isnt bad, i had a blast. Go for it.

AMcAdoo

Well looks like I don't need to worry about temps any more, waited too long and now its filled up.... Oh well looks like I'll just go with xcitement on the 13th&14th.

sSalopek

Control Rider
Director
Update on Main entry time. We will not be able to go over to Main until 7pm.

This is for everybody riding Shenny and coming in Sunday evening for Main only.

Kurt_Orban

It'll take some time for me in Turn 3, I used that muddy road as a marker. Anybody know if they reprofiled or widened any part of the track? Or was it just a mill and pave?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk