Summit Point 5/6 - 5/7 ROLL CALL

JakeSizzle

So, all you seasoned riders, what's your thoughts on Friday? Gear up and shut up? Do you think the track will be clear and dry in the afternoon? Saw over on TPM's facebook page where it sounds like a bunch of people bailed on a rainy day last weekend but it cleared up by noon and the track was EMPTY!

03bueller

Control Rider
Makes my purchase of an extra set of rims in the off season for some rains seem worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03bueller

Control Rider
I figure if I buy some rains off shaggy it's guaranteed to not rain :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prplppleatr239

My plan is to take advantage of both the people skipping the day entirely, as well as those changing to full rain tires. The theory is that both types will anger the Weather, and I will be able to ride around on a mildly damp track on Q3s with little traffic, at a relaxed pace.

Taking things slightly slower than usual on a wet day is helpful to me, as it helps to see the track differently and work on lines, BP, etc.

Scott Gilbert

Currently only have slicks on my bike as I crashed my other bike at RA (in the rain because I was stupid), is shag going to be onsite with rains in stock either day? I'd love to go Friday as my current work schedule loves giving me Thurs - Tues off, but not willing to ride in the rain on slicks even if the track is empty.

On that note, I'm debating just heading out Saturday morning, and hoping for the best, but how are we looking registrant wise, ie if I jsut show up at 8 will I be able to ride weather permitting?

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Sadly, between the weather and work...I have to bow out of Friday....:(:(:(.....But I will be there on Saturday....See you guys then.....also, I will except thanks in advance....because now that I am not going it will be a nice sunny day....now I feel shame....:(

Eddie

It was so much easier to pull my kid out of school for a TD when she couldn't talk. Now it's "blah blah blah I was at the track". She needs to :lipssealed:
this cracked me up!
I used to have the same situation pulling mine out for a long weekend of surfing. I'm still convinced they learned more in the ocean that any given day in kindergarten. Maybe that's just justification as work.

So...are you guys running the Main today?
I can't help but think about it, staring out my office window. Ready to get outta here and go pack up.
Hoping it cleans up a bit for tomorrow.

Eddie

so bummed.
Looks like I waited too long watching the weather.....Novice group is booked up.
:(:(

JakeSizzle

Friday was a mess. I showed up in the afternoon (Cancelled my friday day ahead of time) and it had been raining the whole day. From what I heard from friends who had been there all day, only about 5 people were in each group (N, I, A) each time. People running terrible slow times.

Saturday was a different story. Wet track through sessions 1 and 2. Session 3 started to feel dry and times dropped. Some nasty crashes at turn 3 though. I got within 2.5 seconds of my best time there last year though so I can't complain considering I have been a bum for the last 8 months! The afternoon on Saturday was pretty amazing. Full sessions and great riding. I'm hoping pictures are posted soon!