Summit Point

rk97

lemondrop;104381 wrote: nope....still the same...

maybe they were testing a new site...

IMO, that track could be the bees knees if they would put a little money into it
"a little money" is a very relative term.

they've been putting a little money into it a couple times a year for the last few years, and we know how well that's worked out...

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
true....but point being is that Main is uber fun and if they could ever figure out their paving issue, it would definitey rank up there on the track list

jay956

Blinky;104397 wrote: is the track still 2 different types of pavement with cracks?
i would say its at least 3 or 4.

i did my first track days there, last year. i would like to go back and see how much ive progressed. but if they repaved it, i would be there every month.

ontheR6

lemondrop;104381 wrote: nope....still the same...

maybe they were testing a new site...

IMO, that track could be the bees knees if they would put a little money into it

There might be a new site being worked on after all, look at the address bar when you go there...
I hope they repave it, its an awesome track!!

http://old.summitpoint-raceway.com/

Motofun352

Control Rider
I gave up waiting....Had to pull the trigger for work vacation so I guess there's no Summit for me this year unless I get lucky with days off.....It kinda sucks that we're left to guess as to what's happening...Even a "no-news-yet, stay tuned until XX/YY/ZZZZ" woulda been helpful.

Lots a trips to The Beave this year...which is OK (no Nelson either?) :confused:

geckert

I am cool with not riding Summit for 1 year with NESBA if it gets the point across that Summit has some problems. We cant keep supporting a track that doesnt deal with its issues (the damn surface). Just like NESBA wont ride Moticello because of the safety. If they fix the surface and make it proper that would be one of my Fav. tracks also.

rk97

Motofun352;104656 wrote: (no Nelson either?) :confused:
low attendance. I was one of about 16 people in October 2008. The September 2009 date was canceled due to lack of interest. I heard only 5 people were registered.

you can still ride there with Fasttrax, but only on Saturdays, which kinda sucks...

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
just popped a SPB!!!

though, the calendar is hopefully not up to date on their site...as there are no NESBA events on there

fitz

jay956;105519 wrote: anyone tried their karts?
Ya me and my wife did when we were down there for my track day. Pretty expensive for what you get but we had a blast. $50 gone in 11 minutes, but they do have other deals to save you some cash. Sometime during the summer I was planning on bringing my boys down with me so they can kart while I'm at the track.

Funny thing though after only one session I felt like I was going to puke, felt like that all night, luckily it cleared up before my track day the next day but there was a moment I thought it might effect it. My wife was fine, even after driving that kart like she was freaking INSANE.

fitz