Summit Point

rk97

Summit has confirmed a March repave. Last I saw, they had no Main dates on their calendar.

Perhaps they're not booking until the repave sets

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
I've been told patience is a virtue......and we all know Summit had some issues to deal with....but it would be nice to get a little update from Nesba on what's going on.

I feel like a passenger on a plane that's been sitting on the runway for an hour waiting to take off and we're in the dark as to the delay. A brief status report from the pilot as to why we're not moving would be appreciated by all of us passengers.

Just sayin'

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
How's the Summit Shenandoah track? Does it have the same issues as Main? Thanks

rk97

no, Shenandoah has its own issues - namely that you can't put the bike on its side without a 90% chance of hitting a concrete wall.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
rk97;108062 wrote: no, Shenandoah has its own issues - namely that you can't put the bike on its side without a 90% chance of hitting a concrete wall.
RK97,
It sound like they have some serious safety issues...that's good to know. Thanks

rk97

Like anything in this sport, it's a personal decision as to how much risk you're willing to accept. I believe TPM rides Shenny, if you want to see for yourself.

I took a look at Shenny while NESBA was on JC two summers ago, and it's a great layout, but I wouldn't ride it. YMMV.

NoBull

Just got this in an email from Roger Lyle

I am happy to announce that Summit Point Raceway will be repaving the turns in mid-March and the track will sit for 3 weeks to cure. Core samples have been done and new polymer compounds are being considered with oversight by a professional race track engineer. Consultation for more run-off room is being considered for the turns.

dc aka lowside

vinny337;108060 wrote: How's the Summit Shenandoah track? Does it have the same issues as Main? Thanks
Shenny is a really good technical track. There are some points where you can hit the wall but you have to be riding over your head at those points because one of them is a blind spot, meaning it is hard to find a reference point at the beginning of the corner. The surface isn't that great but it is rideable. If you are close to Summit and Main or Jefferson isn't running then I would highly recommend Shenny. Look at some videos and determine if it is too risky for you.

barry38

It's not only the walls, there are spots where the track loops back on itself and in the event of a crash, you could easily go off and then back onto the track. Just a very unsafe track for motorcycles.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
dc aka lowside;108090 wrote: Shenny is a really good technical track. There are some points where you can hit the wall but you have to be riding over your head at those points because one of them is a blind spot, meaning it is hard to find a reference point at the beginning of the corner. The surface isn't that great but it is rideable. If you are close to Summit and Main or Jefferson isn't running then I would highly recommend Shenny. Look at some videos and determine if it is too risky for you.

Sound good....Thanks Lowside

ckruzel

lemondrop;103985 wrote: Considering all the governmental training they have there....and how long it has been there. I doubt they need any track orgs to rent the place in order to stay in bidness. Heck, I am willing to bet the only financial thing they worry about is property taxes.
Yep, i heard they get big money for all the goverment stuff there

Motofun352

Control Rider
The Summit Point schedule is up on their home webpage. No NESBA dates. Their forum says they are repaving last 2 weks of March and first week of April though that info is month old....Anything new forthcoming from NESBA Central?