switching from pirellis to Dunlop's

ridelater

Been on the supercora for like 10 years but looks like price/ deals might make me switch to dunlops. Can someone give me the run down on the gp-pro and the d211.

breezie

The gp-a is an American made tire they run in ama vs the gp which is made in the uk. Almost zero tire pressure growth on both great life out them both. They have a 212 out now both great tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andykurz

I think you have your names mixed up. The new tire that Dunlop released is the GPA-Pro, which is a bi-directionsl DOT race tire. It is American made. I am looking forward to hearing some feedback from people running them, now that the Pro is for sale.

Everyone has their own opinions regarding Dunlop vs. Pirelli, so I will leave that topic to others to hash out.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Pat, have you tried the new V2 Pirelli? from what I understand the carcass is much stiffer, somewhat like the Dunlops carcass. I’ve made the switch a while ago because I didn’t like the feedback from the Pirelli’s, too much movement IMO. Give the Dunny’s a try… you won’t be disappointed at which point you can roll with whatever makes you feel more comfortable (Dunlop has race contingency) like Andy said to each its own.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I don't know much about the new Pirelli V2. I've been using them, but I don't see much difference compared to the previous version. But I don't push them as hard as you guys do.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Pat, have you tried the new V2 Pirelli? from what I understand the carcass is much stiffer, somewhat like the Dunlops carcass. I’ve made the switch a while ago because I didn’t like the feedback from the Pirelli’s, too much movement IMO. Give the Dunny’s a try… you won’t be disappointed at which point you can roll with whatever makes you feel more comfortable (Dunlop has race contingency) like Andy said to each its own.

This. Tire feel is very subjective from person to person. That being said, I went from running GPA's to the new Pirelli's, and I ain't going back. The 180/60 is an amazing tire. I'm going faster at every track with the Pirelli's. Finally broke into the 19's at Summit, and we'll see how VIR goes this weekend. I don't think it'll be much of a problem breaking my old PR of 37's there.

I also know guys running 15's at Summit on Dunlops, so it's definitely not the tires holding any of us back, but if the certain characteristic of the tire allows you to go faster, then that's the faster tire for you.