Tekonsha Prodigy 2 Brake Controller

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Just upgraded to a rig that has an integrated brake controller so I don't need this anymore. If you are towing and don't have one it's well worth the upgrade. I used this to pull my 6x12 enclosed trailer with a mid-sized SUV. Really took the load off my SUV and made for a safer transport. $75 shipped or pick up/delivery to NJMP. Includes what is shown. I misplaced the install guide when cleaning out the old car, but it's available online from Tekonsha.

2012-10-15_09-14-18_873_zpsa03c5145.jpg

2012-10-15_08-53-36_879_zps7d0f8264.jpg

r1crusher

Good controller and price is fair. I'd take it if were a little cheap, seeing how the P3's aren't much more in cost.

GLWS!

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Thanks for the bump. I have no doubt that the P3 is good as well, but it was made to accommodate trailers with Electric over Hydraulic brakes. Someone buy this and make towing safer!

andykurz

Jim, did you add brakes to your 6x12 trailer, or did it come with it? I had a really close call coming home from Summit this year and now wish mine had brakes, and a controller like this. I'm wondering what it would take to add brakes.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
I had my trailer built with brakes at the factory. I tried it without to see how it handled, and it made a huge difference. I'm not the one to ask about adding brakes on a trailer, but let me ask a couple guys who do know.

andykurz

OK, I'll be at the last NJMP day. I'm the guy who used to have really bad gloves, and a really nice golden retriever puppy. :cool:

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
ahtune69;257869 wrote: Does this unit plug right into a 2011 toyota tundra?
No. What year? If you have the tow package you can get the wiring harness that plugs in for about $14. Otherwise you need the universal harness and you need to splice it. I spliced it on my last SUV.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
I did one on a Tundra, you should have a plug in the glovebox. That and 5 minutes and you'll be good to go. Easy splice and all the wires are coded for a quick job.