The Belly Pan - The NESBA Online Magazine

BigBird

lemondrop;125769 wrote: I got some indepth feedback from Buck last year at BeaveRun and improved my second day there significantly.

I know some CR's ride by feel and soem look for dedicated markers..nevertheless, I think something like this for every track would be beneficial

Buck's Review
that was awesome...it was like i was riding it again, this time the right way :doh:

jsmalnar

pearsonm;125978 wrote:
I enjoy learning how to do the things the right way so I’d love to have a library of How-To’s from people who know what they’re talking about. Little secrets like twisting the end of safety wire tight before starting the next hole, priming an oil filter, how much to flare the end of a master link, why chains are always a 1/8" tighter after you torque down the axle nut and how much to tighten a brake bleeder valve would all be extremely useful.
I need to learn how to do all of those things. :doh:

I agree that there is a relatively limited supply of easily accessible information on the sport currently and there are a lot of great ideas be tossed around.

Relic

rk97;125299 wrote: I really like the idea of track videos with Control Rider commentary. I can find videos of tracks on YouTube, but that doesn't mean whoever posted it is on the proper line...

Ideally, I think a track video would include:

- a slowed-down lap (video slowed down, not pace) with CR commentary on reference points, gear changes, etc.

- a real-time lap with the same commentary, but probably more brief, since everything is happening faster (no bike audio)

- then a few flying laps in real-time, with bike audio (comments optional?)

- and (dare to dream) a track map in the corner of the screen, so you can see, "oh, he's in turn 4 right now" throughout the video.
Late to this party, but I, too, like this idea very much.

At Putnam on 6/12 and 6/13, Ron Hix had a map of the track with signs to show turn-in points, roll-on, hard on the acceleration, hard on the brakes, etc. If expert guidance like that is posted for each of the NESBA venues, in addition to the suggestion quoted/posted above, it would be very useful indeed.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Great job Chris and Rob. This certainly is going to be a great resource for all level riders. Thanks for making it happen. I wish this was available when I started.

slowpoke

slow_honda;143552 wrote: Great job Chris and Rob. This certainly is going to be a great resource for all level riders. Thanks for making it happen. I wish this was available when I started.
:agree: Nice Job Rob and Kub!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Great job!!

Thanks to all you guys for your efforts....every article was useful. The Belly Pan is a great example of what sets Nesba apart from the other organizations. We've got guys that really care about helping riders improve their skills and will spend the time to make it happen.
Thanks again

BigBird

Awesome Site!

Articles by CRs, Nick Ienatsch....lots of really great stuff.

It has been added as one of my fav sites.

Thanks CRs, NESBA!