The search for I group status

bayboy

Who here was bumped from "B" to "I" at VIR? What were your average lap times on North before the NESBA Gods blessed you to the next level. I am "I" group with RL and TPM but NESBA doesn't see the same thing i guess. LOL

Thanx in advance!

gixxercurt

bayboy;165570 wrote: WOOOORD!?:eek: Guess i got some growin to do. LOL
I've seen ppl bumped up running slower, but it's impossible to put a lap time on each group, EVERY person is different. There are many different variables that cr's take in to consideration when evaluating someone for a bump, not just lap times.

gixxercurt

Well, like I said it's not just the lap times that make you ready for the next group(all though that will be a biproduct). It's being able to be fast but smooth/predictable because no matter how fast you are, when you get bumped there's probably more than a few guys in the next group that are going treat you like a rolling chicane. So just take in everything that the CR's are saying bc what they tell you WILL make you a faster, safer rider. The main thing is just have fun, this sport is WAY to expensive to go spend your whole wknd only to go home dissapointed. Merry Christmas & ride safe, Curtis

bayboy

gixxercurt;165576 wrote: Well, like I said it's not just the lap times that make you ready for the next group(all though that will be a biproduct). It's being able to be fast but smooth/predictable because no matter how fast you are, when you get bumped there's probably more than a few guys in the next group that are going treat you like a rolling chicane. So just take in everything that the CR's are saying bc what they tell you WILL make you a faster, safer rider. The main thing is just have fun, this sport is WAY to expensive to go spend your whole wknd only to go home dissapointed. Merry Christmas & ride safe, Curtis
I hate when people make sense. LMAO

S3aturnR

Blinky;165567 wrote: I heard that nesba B's are faster than some groups I's
i can vouch for that. but, it's not just lap times that get people bumped to I group in NESBA...

s3aturnr

madriders86

+1

My advice? Get rid of your lap timer. Forget about chasing lap times and focus more on improving your technique and developing good habits.

I don't have a lap timer, gauges, or anything on my bike. Not even a tach lol. I would suggest taping over your gauges and stuff for one TD. Just give it a try and see what you learn.

sheepofblue

As has been said here and other places it is not just about times. Remember in the riders meetings when they talk about how the control riders can just tell some people are going to be the one that crashes? They are not always the slowest people. If you are running at the front of 'B' but are erratic that means you are going to 'I' and going to be going around the outside of people and .... crashing.

I have no idea on your personal riding so that might apply to you. Also consider effort and time. I might be able to get bumped out of 'I' but I have not put any effort into it. Add in that I rode less with NESBA due to scheduling conflicts and no bump (well I might also suck :doh:) So consider there is other issues than time and speed but that there is also a lot going on so you may just be being overlooked.

arhale09

I hate to disagree with my esteemed colleagues, but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to be running mid-40s to make it to I group. It is absolutely correct that lap times are not the most important thing. In fact, many CR's will tell you lap times are fairly far down on the list, behind smoothness, predictability, attitude, consistency, etc. And I'd second the recommendation to ditch the timer for a few days and just have fun. That said, when I got bumped to I group I think I was in the 1:50-ish range, if not a few ticks slower...

arhale09

If I can amend the previous, it seems I may have misunderstood what Curtis was getting at, namely that he was bumped while running mid-40s, and not that that's what you need to be doing. At any rate, just have fun, the bump will come when you least expect it

Mikey75702

Having ridden with roger lyle a few times. If you are I group over there, try out b here. Most likely it will be a great fit. There are some fairly quick folks in the b group. You get to the fast people in I with nesba, then the a group guys are just...... Uhhhhhh...... holy shit....

erick1670

S3aturnR;165579 wrote: i can vouch for that. but, it's not just lap times that get people bumped to I group in NESBA...

s3aturnr
:agree:
in previous years I was running I in every other org like TPM and NYSB, I go bump back to B one day that I went to a new track to me and got there late so I was off the pace, and all over the track I dint know it. So the CR at that particular track day dimmend that I bellong in B, so my way back to I was a bit longer b/c every other CR criteria on when to bump is diferent... and I guess is good for you so you can work on your all around skill, it was easier to me get bump from I to A :D than B to I :dunno:

madriders86

Mikey75702;165610 wrote: Having ridden with roger lyle a few times. If you are I group over there, try out b here. Most likely it will be a great fit. There are some fairly quick folks in the b group. You get to the fast people in I with nesba, then the a group guys are just...... Uhhhhhh...... holy shit....

So I'm fast? Wow. New concept to me :D

dlockhart5x

I <3 bump threads

erick1670;165615 wrote: :agree:
, it was easier to me get bump from I to A :D than B to I :dunno:
yep

B to I is probably the widest gap.
Think back on all the things you didn't have a clue about. I feel that by the time you are done with B you are a pretty "mechanically" competent rider. I group hones those riding skills to where you are well in control and expands the mental side a bit more. If you have done your work in I , thenI to A is almost anti- climatic. Everyone is pretty fast, and you ride your ride just like in B and I

Getting bumped from B
to I
ment the most to me

Ps being a fast guy in I
is probably the fun-est time, enjoy it

erick1670

dlockhart5x;165625 wrote: yep

B to I is probably the widest gap.
Think back on all the things you didn't have a clue about. I feel that by the time you are done with B you are a pretty "mechanically" competent rider. I group hones those riding skills to where you are well in control and expands the mental side a bit more. If you have done your work in I , thenI to A is almost anti- climatic. Everyone is pretty fast, and you ride your ride just like in B and I

Getting bumped from B
to I
ment the most to me

Ps being a fast guy in I is probably the fun-est time, enjoy it
:agree:
so far I have done 2 days in A and I feel like the punching bag, but in each day I got to pass few guys and acomplish few things, so in each day I came out with something new learn and I feel that am will get to the mid pack in a few more outnings in the meat grinder:banghead: