Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park

Aprilia 417

I received an email from Tony's that Thompson has been added to their 2014 schedule (as well as information that their track fees will be raised to the stratosphere!!). Is NESBA planning to evaluate Thompson as a new venue?

Poper

Are we talking Calabogie-type pricing??? I'm sure the powers at NESBA are looking into the place.

Aprilia 417

Poper;291714 wrote: Are we talking Calabogie-type pricing??? I'm sure the powers at NESBA are looking into the place.
I think higher than Calabogie...to ride New Hampshire, and his other locales. $270 for a weekend day. That seems like quite a hike, and he packs in 4 groups, with quite a few riders per group.

TTD 2014 PRICING:

After many years at the $225/day pricing, we are going to have a price increase to better reflect the track rental costs - especially the difference in costs between a weekend and a weekday.

For next year, the price for doing a single weekday is going to be $240, and the price for doing a single weekend day will be $270.

However, if you sign up for BOTH days of a 2-day event, there will be a package discount and the total cost will only be $475. The current cost for a 2-day event is $450, so this is an increase of just $12.50 per day.

Aprilia 417

Any word on NESBA going to Thompson? TTD has just published 2014 dates there. Has anyone from NESBA been there or talked to anyone?

MoMan and I need to know these things. :)

Nesba

Aprilia 417;294073 wrote: Any word on NESBA going to Thompson? TTD has just published 2014 dates there. Has anyone from NESBA been there or talked to anyone?

MoMan and I need to know these things. :)
The place is just too expensive to make sense for us. The rental is higher than Barber which is the most expensive track we ride.

Please remember TTD and most other orgs have a 4 group format, increase pricing and decreased time.

Aprilia 417

Nesba;294110 wrote: The place is just too expensive to make sense for us. The rental is higher than Barber which is the most expensive track we ride.

Please remember TTD and most other orgs have a 4 group format, increase pricing and decreased time.
We prefer the NESBA format. It's unfortunate Thompson has priced the track rental so high.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Aprilia 417;294118 wrote: We prefer the NESBA format. It's unfortunate Thompson has priced the track rental so high.
Wonder how many other orgs (car and bike) they have priced themselves out of? Seems to me, as a track owner, I would aim for profit in volume. But, I'll be fair, I've never owned a track before either. :)

Nesba

Here's the issue as i see it:

1. Length - 1.7 Mile track
2. Price - NESBA would need to charge JUST to break even $290+
3. Compared to other tracks same length - 4X the cost

Nesba

Aprilia 417;294176 wrote: So I think NESBA needs to build it's own track as a hedge against fee inflation. ;)
Ill setup a donation fund....wanna be the first to pledge?

:)

bmrboy

Nesba;294178 wrote: Ill setup a donation fund....wanna be the first to pledge?

All you need is a few hundred acres & few million $$$ ... when I win the lottery I'll write a check , OK !!! :D

Aprilia 417

Nesba;294178 wrote: Ill setup a donation fund....wanna be the first to pledge?

You find a spot and secure site approval from the locals for a track, and I'll definitely pledge. As long as it's within three hours of my house, :)

jfmgsxr750

Ouch

I see that TPM has this track on its schedule for 2014. If it's anywhere north of 225 for a day you can count me
OUT!!! It's gonna be awesome to have 4 tracks within 3 1/2 hours of me. The CT track is 2 1/2 hrs away, and
NJMP is the furthest being 3 1/2 hrs. I hit NJMP only once in 2013 and did not miss the tolls and gas and traffic at
all! NYST and Pocono are less than 2 hrs. I am looking forward to trying the new track in CT if the price is right.
The mo tracks in the area the mo better..........:adore:

Aprilia 417

jfmgsxr750;294810 wrote: The mo tracks in the area the mo better..........:adore:
:agree: Although NYST will continue to be my home track, looking forward to trying Thompson and eventually the Palmer track in Massachusetts if bikes get on. Also, I hope the expansion to PIRC stays on schedule.